1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blinking ODO Meter Reading

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by anand3636, Apr 19, 2012.

1. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    Hi folks,This morning while on my way to office i noticed something strange. The Odo reading... (23723 km) was blinking and no other warning lights or messages were seen. I continued driving and it stayed blinking all through the drive (15 kms). On reaching office i turned off the engine and after 2 mins started it again. this time it was normal, no blinking or any other warning lights. has anyone faced such problems? i referred the owner's handbook, it has no mention of this particular warning. Could this be a false warning message or anything seriously faulty in my car? The last service was 8 months ago and is still 4 months or 5000 kms away. It was not a service schedule reminder either. what could this be?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I faced a similar experience of blinking odo some time back. As happened to you, it was gone after I reached my office and restarted the car :D.
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Me too faced the same problem. It has gone the way it came.

Any ways, Please, check that any cable on battery is loose.
  4. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    thanks to both of u. hope it is gone in my case too.
    1 person likes this.
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I faced the same problem and later found out after 14km when someone in scooter pointed to me that one of the tyre was deflated.......

The tyre was damaged and had to fit a tube in it :-(........the car is new with 1300 Km on odometer.......
    The blinking was gone when the tyre was replaced.
    will use this tyre as a spare tyre now onwards.....
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Are you saying that this blinking meant that the MID was signaling to you that the tire was flat?

On another note even i faced this same issue a few months ago on my udupi trip. I felt it blink a few times and thought it could have been someone's watch in my car that was casting a beam onto the MID .. after a few kms it just died down by itself...
    FIAT keeps springing surprises every day :)
  7. maverick

maverick Amatore

Even I have faced this issue, this has something to do with the B&M module.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    my car is 'Emotion' no B&M.. also one more interesting fact is this...
    AFAIK on my udupi trip my odo was also ready almost the same.. i think it was 24000 or something like that...

Now that is something interesting...
  9. The count goes on ... Even I too faced the same issue .But just ONCE .. On restart of engine it works normal .

Ajit
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    maybe the blinking signals some problem or niggle in car........i was confused ..i checked everything except the tyres initially..:-(..could have saved my tyre