1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blind spot mirror

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by sungoa2010, May 31, 2011.

1. sungoa, i am using similar ones posted by Surya, i brought them from US for 2 dollars, taiwan made. They stick to the mirrors really well and are extremely useful. For example you you want to see whats on the ground on the left side while parking closely to a footpath or end of the road they help like anything. Go for it. I have seen them available for as little as 100 Rs a pair.
  2. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Well for me the stock mirrors suffice if you adjust the mirrors in such a way so that you cannot see your car in the sideview mirror :|

Most people actually don't calibrate their mirrors in such a way :|
  3. puntojith

I got a couple of these Chinese-made stuff a few months back and I must say I am impressed. I found them very useful especially with motorcyclers and fast cars on the highways. Of course it needs a little getting used to in the cities. Now what I do is I adjust my ORVMs in such a way that the body of my car is hardly visible in the blind spot mirror rather than in the ORVM. That opens up a lot of view on either side of the vehicle.

Yes, I have found them useful in maneuvering around obstacles behind the rear tires while reversing but I do not think they can be a substitute for sensors.

Regarding stickiness, they stick very hard. So much so that I am now wondering how to take them off when I want to!!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Same thing happened to me too when I went for the driving test recently in US. I was denied the license for multiple reasons.

- I did not turn to my shoulder before change lanes (the car, Ford Focus, I drove had the blind spot mirror in it).
    - I took right/left turns at the signal very fast.
    - And I am generally driving too aggressively. :)

Brilliant response from the licensing officer. :D

I would also say that we should not get used to this kind of stuffs and instead learn to drive by handling the blind spots better (I mean turn over to the shoulder and see).
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its a 3M sticker sticks to the mirror well .. no chance of falling even if you do a long jump in the car..

1 person likes this.
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

the probability of ur mirror falling off is high rather than 3m sticker peel away..
    1 person likes this.
  7. the setting on the mirrors of the shown vehicles is grossly flawed!!
    +1 to johnny saabs technique! infact punto, linea, swift and the fiesta and honda city (New) are considered to have least amount of blindsopts in terms of rear view!

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Hi guys I have purchased the Blind Spot Mirror on Naptol @ Rs.226/-.I have attached them to my GP Active mirrors by tape & seen the demo but i could not find any advantage from it.Any one can suggest me the method & where to attach it on the mirror.