1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blind spot mirror

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by sungoa2010, May 31, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Did any one try the blind spot mirror. It is available in Ebay.
    here is a youtube link looks helpful in city traffic.
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have seen it on lots of cars though I have not used it ever because it does not look good cosmetically on the ORVMs.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sungoa... many people dont even have the habit of using the ORVMs...esplly the left one's on the passenger side telling that it is more likely to break (most stupid reason you will ever hear..). But I would say blindspot mirrors are very useful especially in highway drives if you are maintaining lane traffic or else you should have the habit of just tilting your head to have a look at the blindspot for a moment before changing lane. In Indian driving condition well it's purely upto you whether to have it or not based on the regular route you are taking. But if you go abroad where there are 4-6 lane traffic, blindspot mirrors would surely add to your safety.
    1 person likes this.
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had seen a video some time back about how to adjust the existing OVRMs to minimise the blind spot.

The procedure is as follows:-

Firstly put your glasses up. Then move your head to the right resting it on the glass, and then adjust the right OVRM so that only a strip of the car body is visible. Then move your head and body to the left (with the seat belt on), and adjust the left OVRM till you can see only a strip of the car in this OVRM as well.

This setting will give you the least amount of blind spot. I am using this setting, and I feel that I am more aware of traffic coming up from the two sides.

Regards
    Johnny
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Now days, we have this electronically adjustable mirrors, if you have any problem in view, just play with to browser through complete area.
    In the old cars it was hard to manually adjust the mirrors and they where not so flexible. In Linea, i can do up and down, right and left that gives me lot of coverage. During night you can angle down to reduce the glares from tail gaters etc.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Viny,Johnny,paddleshifter and Cinju, Thanks lot for suggestions. I will try Jhonny's procedure.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sungoa..one thing I would like to remind you is 'Blind Spot' is a 'Blind Spot' and whatever way you adjust as Johnny suggested, you will only be able to minimise the blind spot. It will not serve the very purpose of blind spot mirror. Drive safe..
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Blind spot mirrors are good specially if you observe the lane discipline otherwise its of no use,
    As the Punto's ORVM is small as it will take 35% of the size,
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have seen many a times one additional mirror fixed on the either of the side of bonnet in SUV's specially??Wat purpose does it serve??

some times on the rear windshield of the suv's?????
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The mirror on bonnet might help to cover the blind spot. The one at rear can give a clear picture of back side especially for parking. But with parking sensors , I think it is needed.
    1 person likes this.