1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    It comes out easily, no special procedure to take it out. If ur doing a DIY, just use a small knife to clear the edges and it will come out. Not difficult at all. ::T
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Thanks for the share, as of now managed following stuffs

1. Secured Amplifier - Got delivered last night at my friends place in US, he will be bringing it soon
    2. Secured 2.5mtr and 5.5mtr harness kit - Got it delivered timely at my friends place.
    3. Secured Blaupunkt installation mechanic for installation and tunning.

Things pending

1. Sourcing Dynamat Extereme looking forward to good deal in US, dint got anything that sounded a sweat deal. Looking for dynamat extreme bulk pack, that comes with 9sheets of Dynamat 18"X32'" sheets.
    2. Selecting right set of speakers, i am confused about should i go for all 4 componenets or just 2 comps in front and 2 co-axials in rear. Furthermore have to still work hard on selecting comps and co-axials
    3. Next round would be selecting Sub or bass tube.

Its not so easy to get ICED, what started with capturing a sweet deal is now turning into white elephant, with kinds of money that would go into it.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i think putting components in the front will be enough. the rear sounds should be subsided and the sound stage should be from front for ideal listening.
    the sub should be in sync with the compos, not too boomy. as rightly said a sub should not be felt but its absence must be felt.
    avoid jbls in front as they are crisp and harsh, atleast the old ones used to be, dont know about new ones.
    the sub enclosure plays an imp role in how it fires. make sure you have right enclosure for your sub too. bass tube doent provide you the quality which a sub in proper enclosure will give.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Thanks italia-linea, for comps i am looking at infinity reference 6030/6530, Blaupunkt Velocity 632 . I am also suggested Infinity Kappa series, but it seems it would be out of budget as it costs over 12-15K per set of comps.
    For Sub, I was reffered for JBL 2000w 12" Sub for 4800rs. I have yet not looked much into that.
    One reason given for comps in all 4 doors was that co-axials will fail to keep up with front comps output and there are chances of sound distortion.
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Perfectly put by Itlia-Linea. Comps in front would be enough. No distortion because of co-axials in the back IF you choose the right combination. Distortion would be there if you choose completely different characterstics for Comps and Co-axials.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

I wish I was such a sharp audiophile, to capture the characteristics of comps and co-axials. Will probably go with what sounds good to ears along with whats been advised. My last few visits revealed that out of 1000 buyers only 1 or 2 come up with eye to technical details.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Also, dont solely go on the "advised" factor. Generally, people advise what they have in stock or the run of the mill "most selling" products.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

Here "advised " is not based just on what dealer says, but its base on what TFI'ians, audio gurus and my close one says :)
    Thats the real benefit of being part of a community, we have so many hands to help around :)

@ansal: By the way, did you got a chance to talk to your installer about how many sheets/sqfts of dynamat was used. Also could you ask your installer about which color wire did he used from the PNP connector power the amp, there are two, 1. yellow and 2. red

yellow is for constant 12V power supply
    Red is for 12V supply on ignition.

I hold this connection detail is important one to have understandting about, because then only we can understand if we need to take power from ACC or just use red wire to get amp fired up just on ingition.
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Ill call him today, was too busy to get it done yesterday. Getting my Plate done today as well.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Just got the info. Over all 6-7 sheets were used. The original size of the sheets were 18 by 32 inch and they were adjusted according to the need.

About the connection, red wire was used to get it fired up with the ignition. ACC fuse was used to get the conncetion done. Din understand nything else he said bout the connection :)