1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Hey Viny....I think if we can get option 2 for around 6k...it would be a good deal.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Thanks adutt, I am trying to collect some details so that I can negotiate appropriately. I have got affirmative response for availability of adaptor for linea, but it comes in a kit with either 2.5m or 5.5m cable extension harness.
  3. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Yup....with the Linea being of the length it is ...a 5.5m extension cable would be required. This way the amp can go in the boot. THe kit is absolutely amazing and it is for sure the best way to go, as it also provides power to the amp directly from the HU...no need to go looking for power from the battery directly. Completely hasslefree. Amp will also automatically shut down with the HU..

But are we sure if the new Bosch music systems are actually same hardware with the Blau tag removed???? WIll the connectors be same at the back???
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

adutt: Incidently, what I am being told is that given the size of 555tha pnp being very small its been generally placed under the seat, hence 2.5m cable is the most usefull one. Further a friend suggested that 2.5 mts being small in size reduces the loss in transit, basically in 5.5mtr kit the information has to travel amost 11mtrs more than previously. Furthermore 2.5mtr cable kit is much economical as compared to 5.5 kit package.

I am working on it, lets see how sweet this can go :)
    And as far as new generation Bosch systems are concern i think they are same to blaupunkt ones. Company cannot mess around it as other harness are already in place.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @Viny anything between 5-6.5k is Ok.
    Amp can be placed under seat but it is at great danger under the seat due to dirt on carpet and if by any chance water (due to rains or leakage from bottle) gets into amp then we would have to say bye bye to amp. Transmission loss would be very less if cables used are of good quality which Blaupunkt Genuine cables would be.

@adutt, if you are planning to use all 5 channels than power would have to be provided to amp from battery through separate cable.
    Bosch Systems are exactly same as Blaupunkt systems. All OEM Blaupunkt HU were manufactured by Bosch as it owned Blaupunkt.Now after selling blaupunkt Bosch can't use Blaupunkt name so badges the HU as Bosch.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

@vijay: No seperate cable is required to to provide the power to amp, that the main reason this turns out to be PNP. Check out my initial video posted.
    I think spills of the level that you are talking about is going to be very very rare for driver, if the amp is placed under driver seat. Secondly since car runs with AC on the AMP will remain cool, giving better performance and more long life. As far as dust is concerned, this could have been cause for traditional AMPs, this been class D i dont think it has those openings for fans etc. So very rare chance of it getting spoiled due to dust.

As of now I think I can arrange one more kit for 5k or under 5k (linea harness + 2.5mtr cable), i am under discussion to get some better grounds as well as to source more 5.5mtr kits. 5.5mtr cable kit is costly in shipping terms too. I am also trying to negotiate on only connector harness kit.

Those who are interested, kindly let me know your preferences. If things materializes, i would let you know and you would be required to pay the amount in advance to me and then kit could be made available to you (could take 15-20 days)

1. Connector kit + 2.5mtr harness (around 5K INR)
    2. Connector kit + 5.5mtr harness (around 7K INR)
    3. Connector kit (around 4K INR)

If overall cost comes down then I would refund you the remaining, or might ask you extra if shipping to your place costs high :)
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    [cough].....check my thread.....[cough]
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @viny check the image of how to power the amp taken from user manual.
    would let you know about my kit requirement in a day or two.

blau pnp wiring.png
  9. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I read somewhere about a few issues for connecting the 555 pnp amp.

1)The amp stays on even when the car is off, since the HU stays on for Blue and Me. However during the test drive the sales guy started the car for me to use Blue and Me. So a little confused there. a work around for this was that to connect the amp to the ACC fuse (any thoughts)
    2)Also read that if you use a sub then an extra power is required, is this true?
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

Checked following speakers

Infinity 6030CS (6.5inch) - 5800Rs
    Power Handling, RMS: 75 Watts
    Power Handling, Peak: 225 Watts
    Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m): 92dB
    Frequency Response: 67Hz - 21kHz
    Impedance: 2 Ohms
    Mounting Depth: 2-1/4 inches
    Has good bass, and titanium cone

Blaupunkt VC 652 (6.5 inch) - 5400Rs
    # Product Title : VC 652
    # Car Speakers and Subwoofers Type : Mid-Range Speaker
    # Speaker Size : 158 mm
    # Nominal Speaker Power Handling : 80 Watts
    # Peak Speaker Power Handling : 320 Watts
    # Frequency Response : 35-25000 Hz
    # Car Speakers and Subwoofers Sensitivity : 92 dB

Has better voice clarity.

Yet to review others, its hard to find technically sound and good good dealers, most of them show up things that sell more without getting into technicality and finding hard to get demo of the stuffs in use.