1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @Ravi :)
    Whats the sub rating ?
    Can you share some installation pics too ..
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

After a year of ownership, the amp has gone into protect mode, have to decipher out what caused this. :(
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Here is what mine went through. I dumped it and went for a DD C4C with an Audison SLI4 HLA and have been happy ever since. Any takers for the wiring kit (I imported it from Germany)??

IMG-20120407-00039.jpg

IMG-20120407-00042.jpg

IMG-20120407-00043.jpg
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Even my pnp amp suffered burns as shown in above pic by nkapoor777 but my amp board was even worse than that almost 5cm area was burnt completely.
    Got two Sony Amps one Mono and one 4 Channel sounds both have High Level Input sensing so works same as PNP amp with same wiring just had to make jugad to fit PNP connectors into Sony amp. I wonder if Blaupunkt PNP amp we all got from ebay US were fake consedering the price we got it at.
    Love Sony, not even a single product of Sony in our home have ever visited a service center apart from my phone which broke its screen after falling from hand.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Ok even i have joined your gang. Same location, same effect and same result :( Gone kaput ....
    Probably this lot had this issue and thats why it was selling so cheap. ..
    @vijay: Can you share the details about your sony amps and installation pics
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This noon i had been to a Blaupunkt dealer in Gurgaon and saw good collection Amps,speakers and woofers.I was in impression that Blaupunkt has vanish from Indian market.Further to my chat with the dealer revealed that,Blaupunkt products comes with very puny margin,that is the reason not all retailer keep the stock for this brand.

There are two pics that i have clicked for the amps and am not sure if these amps can be used as plug and play for our stock HU's.

Leaving it to ICE connoisseur to tell whether this can be plonked in with the OEM HU.

IMG-20130301-00292.jpg

IMG-20130301-00293.jpg
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Nope none of these are PnP. You will need a Hi-Lo converter to connect these to the stock HU.

There are only two options in PnP - THA-275 (2-channel) and THA-475 (4-channel). THA-555 (5-channel) is now discontinued and it was the one that most of us got here. You can see my previous posts in this thread to know how it fared. You will need wiring harness along with the PnP's (I've got mine lying with me from the THA555 days).

Blaupunkt PnP amplifiers and wiring kits
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thanks Kapoor 22ji,There is a amp by Hertz which comes as a pnp and doesn't need hi-lo converter.any info on this ??
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Keep me posted on your progress. Even I want to change my stock speakers and maybe a PnP amp if it falls within budget