1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    555 PnP Amp diagrams

See attached pics (especially Fig 4, 5 and 6A). It clearly shows a direct aux input. Need help in identifying how I can use the direct aux in the amp.

DSC01978.jpg

DSC01979.JPG

DSC01980.JPG
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    seems easy looking at the diagram, only way to tell is when v meet on Sunday get your mp3 player and an aux cable and lets HIT-and-TRY
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    That will need to wait. I won't have my car with me for the next 3-4 days (will tell you the story when we meet).

OT: I need a ride for the meet this sunday.
  4. I will pick you up....will call you later to fix the schedule :steering
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yao....wht happened mate, told u not to push those boldies(bridgestones) too much :p:p

Chalo don forget to get the trance cd's, i'll have a liaten on my system
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Simple aux cables will do this, its like connecting your mp3 player to any other device. Only thing you would need a very long wire :p to reach from your dashboard to amp. So that you plugin in your device near your dashboard and control songs from your mp3 device :)

Its simple plug and play :)
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    OT: Haha! Don't worry about the good old boldies. I very well know how to tame them. ;)

Thanks Viny! It sure looks like it. First let me try with a simple aux cable which I have lying with me since long. If it works well, I'll probably search around for the right length.
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Update on the Direct Aux connection: I got it working with a simple aux cable with a 3.5mm jack at both ends. The fun part is that since the input goes directly into aux and is directed to the front/rear channels, it completely bypasses the HU. This means the HU is not in use at all and can be switched off. The sound comes through the front speakers (I connected the aux to the front channel - see pics in the earlier post). But since the output is through the front channels, the sub doesn't come into the picture at all and the sound stage is obviously affected. But at least now I have another option to plug my iPod directly and play music as per my preference rather than letting the car's Media Player control the same and decide the order of songs which are being played.

With respect to the cable, I had a old Belkin cable lying with me which I bought with my iPod Nano in US in 2005. The cable was unused and according to the resident ICE guru (Phew), the quality is really good as compared to what we get here. It even has gold plated connectors which I remember reading about when I purchased it in 2005. I think its long enough to go through the foot level air vents and behind the dashboard so that the iPod can be placed just below the dash (the amp is placed under the driver's seat). Will try it when I go to Driven.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    "are party toh banti hai" sir I guess what we can do to make both the front and the rear channels work is by putting the current aux into an adaptor(sort off) that has 2 outlets and then try connecting it to the amp
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    nkapoor7: a cheap way to get four channel would be use a 3.5mm audio jack splitter (cost less than 50rs) and then connect the two outputs into front and back aux in :p you will get 4 speakers working atleast :D
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011