1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    The D-day has arrived! The installation is planned for tomorrow morning. Let's rock baby! I'll keep everyone posted.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Best of luck, We will get to taste the music during our meet... Plz do take snaps......cheers
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  3. airfoil

airfoil Novizio

Secunderabad
    Viny, I got the amp installed yesterday. It was an experience I'd rather not relive. Wiring was straightforward, but the fuse blew the moment the guy turned the LPF of the sub up. It was replaced with a 20A fuse, which seems to be holding. I'm not sure if it is advisable to continue with a higher rated fuse. Advise needed.

How do I wire the amp to the battery directly? Will I need to cut the yellow power wire and attach the power cable from the battery there? Or should this wire go into the empty socket labelled remote?
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    airfoil
    First of all get the fuse changed to manufacturer recommended Ampere.
    Disconnect the PnP power cable (Useless for 555 PnP Amp)
    Get 8 gauge power cable (branded car specific or finolex home power cables) connect it to battery (with fuse and holder) and amp. Ground the Amp to car body and leave the remote port empty. (Connector for Power connection is inside the AMP box)

Both branded cables and finolex are good but routing the branded car wires is easier as they are very flexible and soft.
    Fuse holder should be of very good quality ( It should be waterproof and should withstand temperature inside a car bonnet)
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I'm back! Yupp, got the install done. Must complement guys at Driven :clapping; they did a neat and clean install and everything is working perfectly fine. Didn't need to pull out power cable direct from the battery which means the amplifier is being powered from the HU (just like it is supposed to be given its a PnP solution). And I checked multiple times after cranking the volume to 30 and beyond for a decent amount of time, no issues with anything.

Here is the list of equipment which went in:

Blaupunkt THA555PnP Amplifier - sourced from ebay-US
    Wiring kit - Fiat Punto specific adapter + 2.5m PnP extension cable - sourced from Blaupunktdirect.co.uk
    Rainbow Dreamline Series CSX265 2-way components - sourced after a lengthy wait (All thanks to Gunbir - BBW)
    Image Dynamics CTX 12.4 sub-woofer in a 1.5 cuft sealed enclosure
    Stinger Roadkill damping sheets for front doors and boot (4)
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    let me b the first to congratulate you on the install, wonderful choice of equipment for the price
    and sounds even sweet(again the very first to do so), really liked the smoothness of the comps, and add to tht the wonderful control and SQ qualities of the ctx.....AMAZING
    :wow
  7. nkapoor
    sir wont the battery get discharged if the amp is powered directly from the head unit??
    cuz there were previous complaints of battery draining down.
    and also did the guys do a proper job??
    there were complaints posted by some members in other topics about some thing happening to the wiring or the music system..
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Thanks man! Appreciate your inputs as always and it was really helpful in finalising the equipment. Let's just say for the price I paid for these, I'm very satisfied with the results.

The amp is powering on and off with the HU. Remember, the HU remains on even if the panel display is switched off coz of the Blue&Me linkage. The HU switches off completely only when the ignition is turned off. I checked the same and the amp is powering on and off with the HU/ignition. I even checked with an active call on Blue&Me which keeps the HU running after ignition is turned off. The amp didn't power off in this case coz the HU was running and a few seconds after I disconnected the active call, the amp turned off on its own. That few seconds wait was a puzzling one for me as I was thinking the amp would remain on and I might need to crank the engine and switch it off again. But no such issues, so I went home happy! That's the best I can explain in noob terms; of course I'm no expert.

On the install, it was very well done. I'm satisfied!!
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
  9. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I believe the AMP is auto sensing. If no audio is coming from the HU it turns off in a few seconds and turns back on when it does!
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/tha555-amplifier

On the page above, it is mentioned that - "Direct input feature allows an auxiliary input from Walkman to play through vehicle's speaker system - even when factory-fitted head unit would not normally allow this". Now I was wondering how I can connect an external media player/iPod to the amp directly. Which cable is required for the same and where can I get it?