1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Bluespot.co.uk almost put a big spanner in my works but thankfully blaupunktdirect.co.uk came to my rescue. What happened with bluespot is a long story but I won't recommend anyone to deal with them. They simply refused to supply the parts stating they weren't suitable to be installed in a Fiat. They did refund my money promptly but imagine a situation where a willing buyer has already made the full payment and the supplier says I won't supply because they believe the parts are not suitable for my application.

Anyway, I just got a call from BIL in UK that DHL delivered a packet with the vehicle specific adapter and the 2.5m extension cable. Yippee!! Now waiting to get the stuff here in mid-april and start rocking.

All this while, I must acknowledge teky's help who gave me a new lease of life by telling me he could give the adapter and extension cable at pretty much the same price and also painstakingly clicked pics and sent them at my behest. Sorry dude for all the trouble; it was really wonderful talking with you. Hope to meet you someday when you are in Delhi or I come down to Chennai.
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Alright folks! I need some help on the installation of the Blau 5-channel amp. I have read and re-read this thread over and over but still not sure what is the absolutely correct way to wire this thing? Vijay_khasa recommended somewhere to use a good quality power cable straight from battery or the HU+ACC fuse will blow up all the time. Viny posted the same info with a reference chart to find out the right gauge of cable to be used for this purpose. In a nutshell, is that the correct way to power this amp? If it is, what happens to the PnP solution which has caused all of us a big heartache and all this running around?

I got the PnP amp as well as the HU connector and extension cable with me. Also picked up an ID CTX 12.4 12" sub. The installation is pending since I am waiting for my Rainbow CSX265 comps to arrive in the next couple of weeks.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Yups you would be required to power amp directly from battery, otherwise HU fuse will blow off :p
    Its rated 10 Amps, and the moment you would surpass the volume level 6-8, you would be in a range of blowing your fuse anytime, I did that over 3 times :p
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    ^^^ Thanks Viny! I was hoping you would show up on this thread. Alright I'll keep a close watch on how the installer goes about this and may be step in with my two cents if the case is not progressing smoothly.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

nkapoor77: I hope your installation has been done, do share your installation pics and process details. So that others could take benefit from same.
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    No Viny! Still waiting for the comps (Rainbow CSX 265's from Dreamline series) to arrive. Have picked up the ID CTX 12.4 sub though! The wait is frustrating!!
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Even i got my stuffs in reverse order, got the subs, then amp, then components and now await co-axials and dynamat :D
    And where did you ordered Rainbow CS265 and for how much?
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Haha! Great minds think alike! I am in touch with BBW (their official importer in India) and hoping to get them in the first week of May. Official price is 11,990/-. I was earlier thinking of skipping the rear fills but now I am thinking of getting the KX series from Rainbow as well (still to choose between 5.25" or 6.5" for the rear doors). I would go for Stinger Roadkill for the damping bit for doors as well as the boot.
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think u shud stick to fronts only.....as mostly u'll be drivin solo I guess. Rather put the additional cash in smthing els.....and u have surplus.....i'm more thn happy to help u spend it :p
  10. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Getting my car on Friday! and I don't have a extension cable! it is stuck in Philippines :( Can I install the Illusion EL 6.1s without an AMP? until i get the extension cable?