1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Re: problem with blaupunkt 55 PnP amp

tuning is the culprit. your amp is clipping. tune it right or else you will blow it off.
  2. mindgrinder

mindgrinder Novizio

Delhi
    @Italia Linea i got it tuned at Driven, East of Kailash. He even explained me the settings...

What are your suggestions on tuning?
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    do one thing. does the amp have lights on it. start playing music and when the clipping occurs check the lights on the amp.
    they will start blinking. if this is the case then its sure its clipping.

the gain is set too much. reduce the gains on the amplifier a bit. if your are driving the subwoofer reduce the gain to that channel as well.

also turn the frequency knob to a perfect setting to which your speakers can play properly.

for eg- freq on sub should be on 80hz and lpf.
    for front around 125 and hpf.
    same for rear etc.
  4. mindgrinder

mindgrinder Novizio

Delhi
    thank you :) i will check next time that happens strangely, clipping isn't regular. Once i even removed the pen drive, and switched off the car. When i switched it on blue and me started and "cut cut" noise again, till the time blue and me figured there was nothing to search...and HU turned off..

After that car rested for like 30 min and since then everything is fine...
  5. mindgrinder

mindgrinder Novizio

Delhi

I also got this opinion from other forum...doesn't seem very encouraging....

"Your amplifier is about to burn out, bad news is even the blau guys if you find them will not be able to repair it and no body else have its schematics. their excuse is this is not made in or sold in India.

Mine got burnt in similar fashion. i still don't know why but.
    It was not a wiring fault and i was not even using the speaker level in."
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @italia: Rightly spotted :) Mosfets getting over loaded leading to unwanted discharges, if not taken care they would blow off like diwali crackers.

@mindgrinder: Share you installation details, like components, subwoofers etc and at what volume you play the music? If possible do share your amps control panel settings details (even pics would do )
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @ All: After several deliberations, I went ahead and placed an order for the Blau THA555PNP amp from the ebay seller in US. It would be delivered to my cousin's address in NYC and I can expect it to reach me sometime in late April. Now, I am also looking to order the vehicle-specific adapter and the 5.5m extension cable from either blaupunktdirect.co.uk or bluespot.co.uk. These will go to my BIL's address in Newcastle, UK who is also expected in India sometime in April. It seems like I am running some international racket to collate these parts. Seriously, its made me the butt of jokes everywhere in my family. Like I care about that!!

I read on this thread that this amp has direct aux inputs. I want to know which is the exact cable I need to order to plug in my i-pod through the aux input on the amp. I found a couple of options, see below:

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.asp ... 25-adaptor

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.asp ... 93-adaptor
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Are you looking for the extension cable and harness. I've one lying around unused since I didn't go for PNP. The extension cable is only 2.5 meters though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I too have a spare adapter! but no extension cable! Why do you want to connect the iPod to the AMP directly? and not through the HU? you want to bypass it completely?

I just saw the pic of he back side of the AMP
    http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.p ... 150#p29073

You do not need those cables! A regular high quality 2.5mm audio cable would do!
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Thanks for the offer teky and CountRock!! I have ordered the kit from bluespot.co.uk with a 5.5m extension cable coz I need to put the amp in the boot.

For the aux cable, I was wondering how I can plug my ipod to the HU directly? Right now, I am using the usb port to plug it in and feel the quality is compromised that way.