1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @vijay: Welcome to TFI
    On a whole, FIAT doesnt recommend any additional accessories installation to car under warranty terms. But then there is clause that allows installation done at dealers place. Given unclear clouds on this, the general understanding is that warranty terms are not void if you dont cut any company fitted wiring. Installation of THA555 PNP doesnt require cutting of any wires. So technically no issue in that regard.
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Guys, Any idea how does it weight? I'm asking one of my friend who is coming from US to get one for me ;).
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

Grandeur: It weighs around 4.5 - 5Kg with all the packing's. Can be accommodated in luggage bag. But there are fair chances that customs guy would ask to open the bag and would check the box. Atleast my amp went through the process.
  4. Grandeur

Before Custom I have bribe my friend who could lift that 4 KG along with him ;).
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

ha ha :)
    Well custom fellas would not charge anything, if your friend is not bringing goods worth over 25k along with.
    Dont tell him 4kg weight, just show him small box image :)

Thank god you didnt ask for Dynamat Extreme, it weighs 11KG :p
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Powering up THA 555 Pnp

The PNP benefits are gone for toss as soon as you try to bring in real stuffs into ICE, that is better speakers and adding woofers.
    Given that current setup of PnP pulls power from head unit using the connector cable, its limited to power consumption limits of Head Unit. That is 10 AMP, now for Amplifier to pump up some sound it needs arround 40 AMP, so as soon as you add few speakers and woofers you find yourself in a situation where if you raise your volume above 6 and play some good bass music the Head unit fuse blows off :cry: reason its rated to 10AMP and you are stuck with no music ...and a run to Service Center if you dont know which fuse and how to replace a fuse.

Solutions to it is pulling a power cable directly from Battery to Amplifier as you would normally do in case of powering any normal amplifier.
    Important question arises is how to select the right power cable. See the attached below image to select correct proper power cable for you amplifier

[attachment=0:1j1k9awm]wiringdiagram.jpg[/attachment:1j1k9awm]

For me I would require 4Guage wire as I have placed Amp in boot which is at a distance arround 15 - 20feet and the total output of amplifier is around 420AMP

Now for a shock ::OO The small HU connector which everyone was finding hard to get hold off becomes useless :p Because the main purpose of this connector was to provide power out from HU, which you would be using no more. An extension cable for ISO Pin A can be created for less than 200rs :D

wiringdiagram.jpg
  7. Grandeur

As usual, gr8 info shared. Well, I could convince my friend to carry the amplifier ;).
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

Slight typo mistake, its not 420AMP, its 420W at 40AMP

Also note that the THA555 PNP is rated max out at 40AMP, it would blow off amps fuse if it tires to consume more than 40AMP.

Congrats, join the bandwagon ::V
    Also try to convince some other friend to carry DYNAMAT EXTREME :mrgreen:
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    viny, 420W is max power. what woofer and compos and speakers are your going for? i think 8ga wire will suffice the requirements easily.
    4ga and used generally for high end amplifiers.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I received my tha555pnp amp today. It has one big black wire and some 4 screws, in the pack.
    So now i have amp and harness.
    I will visit some ICE shop to see what they say?