1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes you were right CountRock, they canceled my booking :cry: .

Now what to do guys, I will be getting tha555 amp and harness (thank to countrock). But doesn't have the extension cable.
    No option of getting from US (amazon) as of now.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    You can donate me the amp until your source the extension cable lol

But from I heard from my installer we can very well make the extension cable, Try talking to Satya of Evo if this is possible.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Extension cable can be made also as said by teky.
    It have ISO connector on one side which goes into HU and Tyco terminal no 796634-4 on other side which goes into amp pnp input(you will need 2) or 796634-8 (only one needed)
    But the quality of wire that you use must be very good
    Great caution have to be taken to ensure you don't mess polarity while making extension cable.

Making a extension cable defies the whole logic of PnP amp. If I wanted to do all this I would have bought a better and more powerfull amp with Input sensing feature to make it turn on and off with HU. Eg. Focal Solid 4 -4 Channel Amp
    Some High Level to RCA converter also have an option of remote cable, to tell amp when to turn on & off.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Yups its easy to build the extension cable, infact the extension cable can be used with any AMP, as suggested by Vijay, all we need is a male and female ISO Pin B connector available or as low as 150rs per connector with 6inch of wires.
  5. amar_oct19

amar_oct19

New Delhi
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Got the refund processed through eBay. The refund should hit my bank account in next couple of days hopefully.

One of my friends has been kind enough and has ordered the Amp for me in the US. I can only lay my hands by end of this month. However I've decided to move on from Blau-PNP after listening to Dr.Shiva's focal set-up. My install is scheduled tomorrow and let's hope for the best.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    What a twist, you where getting and Blau Amp, then dumped by ebay seller, now your friend bought it for you and you dumped the blau amp :)
    Looking forward to your focal amp installation review :)

And now you would have complete package of Blaupunkt Amp + Connector + wiring harness kit lying spare :D
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    HaHa Viny, Yes I can't seem hold fire very long. The Whole kit of Blau is somewhere closer to Focal Solid 4 cost wise and hence the reason behind my gamble. I liked the musicality of Focals and the mighty Focal polyglass 11" was a absolute drool stuff. There were few songs in which I could identify low bass notes which were completely missing in my set-up. I'm now a firm believer that an amp can do so much to your stuff. Only thing pending is the Dynamat's, Hope you find someone very soon ::T

I'm confused over the Sub though - I've so many to choose from Infinity, ID10, MTX, Focal and Auditor. Problem is I can't audition them all and need to go by reviews and installer. I'll keep you posted on the Focal amp install along with the Sub.
  9. Hello everyone. I'm new to the thread and I read through all of it. I also own a 1.3MJD Emo Pk, that I purchased in September 2009. As on date, I've clocked over 46000kms in the last yr and few months, mostly driving in Delhi, occasionally for family trips to chandigarh, ambala and bhatinda. the car has been a beauty all this while. I have only one irritant, the ground clearance could have been about 10-15mm higher. I should be also able to clock 50000kms on the stock tyres.

I did find out about the THA555pnp Amp from the Blaupunkt office in Delhi some 4-5 months back. They had referred me to their dealer in Karol Bagh, who had but one piece and was willing to offer it for Rs.21,000. My major concern is whether fitment of a non-OEM fitting amp+subwoofer from a blaupunkt dealer violates the warranty provisions of FIAT. Have any of you checked on this? Any comments/ suggestions?

I also misplaced the Blaupunkt Delhi office and the Karol Bagh dealers' contact nos. Would any of you be aware of the Blaupunkt office? :anyone

Regards,
    Vijay
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As per website, the authorized center in delhi is -

LMC Enterprises Private Limited
    3440 Nicholson Road, Delhi 110006, India

Phone
    (+91) 11 65387738, 45535623
    Fax