1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oh Teky!!! Me too joining that wagon. Reserve a seat for me as well.
    :anyone else?????
  2. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Viny: On behalf of Teky... we are victims of price rise. The reseller has been unable to ship the amp to us stating that the seller was unable to ship the item before the stipulated date. Order placed and confirmed but still this case. Saw the latest pricing in eBay - it is close to 12K today. :cry:
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    :anyone can help us to get the amp alone here in India - both of us have got the harness and wiring kit.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @livelyyoungman: Fight it out with ebay CC, they got to handle out the issues faced by there sellers, you as a customer made the neefull payments and you have right to have your product. If not ask them for compensations. It makes no sense in buying from ebay for 12K, at that price you can get it in India with bill and warranty. And unless you want 5ch amp, dont go for 555pnp, there are many better options under 10K for 4Channel amps, they can do good job too.

Only reason I went for tha 555pnp was that I was getting a 5 channel class D amp at a throw away price. I am not looking for very high music output, I would probably never use over 50% of the capabilities of amp and my set of installed speakers. Thus investing in this was making a lot sense. All I needed was much better clarity and quality of sound, which current HU and installed Speakers cannot deliver. Also I was missing punches of bass, thus a 5CH amp made a sense. At 200W 5th chanel mono out was more than enough for me to meet my bass requirements.
    I am not one who would blow off the roof with multiple 1000W subs punching out using mono amps. Not sure how the guys blowing 1000W thumps and volume at 15+ feels at office after the daily morning ride through congested traffics :confused
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. Already initiated with eBay. Waiting for them to come back with details before proceeding further. The main reason for me to get the amp is due to its PNP nature and there is nothing equivalent with the features of the amp. Keeping fingers crossed now.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Well after going through AMP and its installation, all I can say is its no different from any other AMP. The harness that we are using to connect the amp to head unit has nothing special, its regular wires connected to ISO PIN B, which can be connected at the back of HU. One can create similar Pin for less than RS 300 for any amp and your 3rd party amp can work as PNP :D
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hey just a question... how are you controlling the subwoofer? is is control over the rear fader itself. coz hu doesnt have sub controls. or does the amp have a bass remote?
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    The PnP amp has a wired Bass Remote that dows the work. ::T
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

And this remote works left to right :p
    With left being the Max and right being the lowest.
    I feel it was built for LHD vehicles.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    I think ur mistaken here Viny.

It works clockwise, right to left. I am 200 % sure ::O