1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    you mean to say that at speaker out i will have a 12v voltage?
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Nah, thats 12V is power out that HU has for amplifier. For speaker level it is 40W per channel.
    Are you looking for Volt figure for line convertor for remote trigering of amp?
  3. Italia-Linea

Pune
    as you know i am going to use high lever speaker in lines. i.e i am going to connect speaker wires to my unit. so i want to know how much Voltage comes in from speaker wires. for example head units have 4V or 6V pre amp RCA similarly what about our HU .
    it will be someone around 14V or something but i need exact figure from somewhere.
  4. Italia-Linea

Pune
    i think it should be around 6 volts not 14. i mixed up 2 things. this is the DC signal in the speaker wires. someone needs to check it with voltmeter by connecting the positive of voltmeter to the speaker terminal and negative to chassis. i will check when i open my doors during installation.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

It Thumps ... Ohh it rattles :(
    Today tried to tune ampli for woofers and god it thumps and thumps beautifully... With volume set to 6 in HU my dual 10" Subs made ample low bass to cause rattles in rear parcel tray and some parts below it. Will try to look around to fix rattles. Probably entire boot will need dynamat.
    And this was at volume 6 and woofers at 4ohms, I plan to connect them together to make it 2ohms and push more power out of them. Didnt try to increase the volume as i fear that it would once again blow off the 10AMP Fuse. Wondering how would it sound on 20+ volume :D

Voice was crystal clear and bass was not over loading, but it was crisp, need to get over the rattles of rear parcel tray and things underneath it.

@vijay: Can you share the pic of your amplifier installation, i want to see how the 8 guage power wire has been connected to the amp.
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    thats a great news viny. how have you placed your woofers. where are they facing in your trunk.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Italia: Check this out.. (taken while installing)

Magnet is just 3 inch away from rear sear, and people seating on rear seat can feel thump vibrations in chest :D
    Woofers are facing towards back and is placed in special way. Pics makes it look slighty shoody, but it now that installation is completed it looks cool too :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    can you take a better pic, one from far. i am not able to understand how they have been put. are they put in box. how come the magnet is just 3" away from rear seat.

hey the woofers should sound as if they are not there. they should give a bass in such a way that their presence is not felt but if someone switches it off one should miss it.

it should complement the vocals in the front. this is good SQ. if you set a lots of boom booom bass and people start having vibrations it will become a SPL set up.

also make sure the box is of correct cubic capacity given by the sub manufacturer.

i never knew this and had first put my 12" sub in a very big box, then moved it to ported box which was again wrong then finally i put it in sealed box which made it sound like nirvana.

each sub has acoustic characteristic. when the sound waves reflect they should not cancel each other.

for the same purpose all aftermarket HUs have normal and reverse setting for sub. our HU doesnt so we need to be very careful while choosing sub and its characteristics
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    :ban :anyone

I'm not visiting TFI until I get my THA 555 Amp.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

Italia: Its not SPL its on lines of SQ. You know what when it beats inside the chest of person seating on rear seat, the person standing outside the car wouldn't even know that :D Its not dhoom dhoom...its pure bass vibration, the shudders that it produces at volume 8-9 can give a good back massage. When it gives those punches it doesnt eats away the voice. One gets very good voice clarity and the needful beats too. I wish I could share the experience someway over the digital medium.

The woofers are no way close to professional car audio woofers that we see in market, but kind of response it has been generating my car at low volumes gives me what I was looking for. For sure on high volumes they would fail to perform with similar effectiveness (its my assumption)
    Only thing is that I miss the similar bass on front seat, once i install the new components it would be taken care off to some extent :)

As far as installation is concern, I will try to take some more pics, above one was taken from mobile.

@teky: hows things moving up with ebay CC? Keep us updated.