1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Well this entire project has been based on sourcing things cheap :p

Got Ampli at almost at 25% of the MRP Price
    Got Wiring harness at almost 40% of the MRP Price
    Got Components at 30% of the MRP Price
    Got Dynamat xtreme at 50% of the MRP Price

*MRP = Indian MRP prices.

@italia-linea: Which components do you plan to go for and where would you be installing the tweeters?
    I am sure they would not fit in default location, need to figure out some jugads.

@vijay: What is the size of tweeters in Infinity 6030CS and where you able to easily place them in the default tweeter locations? Also a lot of people comment about them being very bright. Whats your view point? How is the midbass, does it gives real thump?
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    viny tweeters of infinity 6530cs were direct fit into front doors and for rear doors I had to drill holes in artificial holes provided in "Gatta" of door
    They aren't that much bright to cause discomfort to ears. I have crossover tweeter control set to +3db instead of default 0db

I am running them on HU so thump is not so good but above average. Will update after they are amplified.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

@Vijay: Thanks for insight. I have ordered Infinity Kappa 60.9CS and the tweeters for same is marginally bigger than infinity reference 6530. Was wondering if they would fit in or no. Since 6530 tweeters made into front gate, the 60.9CS tweeters should also be able to make into it with some juggad. There would be slight gain in bass when amplified, but not much on a given volume, but yes as you would raise the volume the thump would increase along with vocals and other music. I tested this on default speakers, the results could be different on 6530CS. When do you expect to get the your extension wiring sets. I spoke to all 4 indian importers/distributors and they have the extension wire in stock ready condition, hence it should not take more than 3 days for your dealer to get hold of replacements.

Any specific reason for going for components on all doors, generally people recommend co-axial on rear.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    well viny its always great to save money while buying any stuff. i too hunt for best rates.

which compos did u buy and at what price. i think i missed out on compos.
    ya and where did you source dynamat extreme from? whats the area of sheets? again how much did they cost you.

i am planning to go for either Focals or rockford fosgate P-1652-S(it has integrated crossovers-no extra fittings) or infinity 6030CS.
    for rear i will go for very basic 3way/2way coax which will run with very less power as i will power it thru HU and mainly i wont damp the rear doors.

if tweeters are not fitting in the slot its better to have it at the base of A pillar in front. it helps proper front soundstage.

also we need to check where all water seeps in lineas doors. it should not get into tweeters
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Italia: Thanks to internet and global networks. I am able to source some stuffs for real decent prices.
    For components I have ordered Infinity Kappa 60.9CS costed me $126 = Rs. 5700, available in Indian Market for 10-11K with dealers and MRP is 17500Rs per pair. Details available here http://www.indiajbl.com/CarAudioDesc.aspx?ID=81

For rear I am planning on Infinity Kappa 62.9i coaxials or Polk DB651 or Hertz these 3 have some good bass too:)

Dyanamat Extereme Bulk pack is ordered, but getting it to India is a big problem, it weighs around 10Kg :(

And I think Infinity 6530CS is 90W RMS as compared to rockford fosgate P-1652-S which is 60W RMS, I didnt went for Focal as there is huge issue of duplicate Focal stuffs in the market. Also Infinity 6530CS has tweeter direction tuning option, which will come very hand for the kind of tweeter location in Linea's. I think Vijay own's 2 pairs of 6530CS, he would be right person to share his experiences with the speakers.
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    i envy you ::T i have purchased a sound processor and scoshe 4G wiring kit very cheap in US and got it shipped to my college who is coming in 1stweek of march.

i will keep the suspense of sound processor till then :devilface

as soon as these parcels reached him he started crying seeing the sizes of boxes.

so i decided not to get the components from US then :bye

seeing indias economy i feel we are always been looted cheated right from costing of Fuel, Cars, electronics and what not.
    thats why i love china who screws up US market big way.

i am still hunting for atleast 100plus watts or else my amp will damage the compos. lets see what i land up with.
    somehow i hate JBLs as i have had everything from jbl. rear ovals, compos, woofer. all they provide is headache with bright sounds.

ya and forgot to mention. i have the beautiful illusion electra 6.1 components in my other car. they are the best sounding compos very natural and soothing with best vocals with perfect mids and highs. :drinks

its just that i want to try something different now .
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Sound Processor ::OO Why? Which one? at What Price ...Plz reveal...If its usefull I will order too, my friend is coming in last week of feb.
    And thank god you didnt order components, your friend would have never returned to India, you know why, see how big the component box comes up.

[attachment=0:3czj91br]photo.JPG[/attachment:3czj91br]

photo.JPG
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    i dont think it will be useful to you as you have PNP amp.

the problem is i am having a Ground Zero sub and 200 watts doesnt play it good. so i decided to remove the old legendry amp jbl 75.4 to drive the sub.
    now my amp also can be used similar to plug and play by just attaching the high level speaker input on the amp to the OEM speaker wires.
    this can be done without slicing any of the wire by simply using plugs.

but using speaker level input is the last way one should go for and they are high voltage lines and you hardly get any bass. also oem hu have lots of corrections in signals to protect the oem speakers at high volumes.

so its better to go by RCA way which provides pre amp pure signals. now using just a line out converter can also give this but then i wont get much control over frequencies to amplify. again these options are available on the amp,

but i thought if i am already going for line out converter why not use some more features of a converter+ processor.
    i will pull the wires from front and rear OEM speakers to the sound processor.

as soon as it receives signal it powers on and also automatically powers the amplifier on.

it has parametric bass equlizer which enhances bass which a factory hu doesnt give. it has bass boost , adj bandwidth -wide and narrow option , low pass as well as subsonic filter.

mainly it has a remote that i will attach under dashboard from where i can adjust the bass, the remote as well as the main unit have clipping indicators too to perfectly tune the system.
    and for running compos it has a good control of frequencies.

now some of these functions are there on amp too. now with all the frequencies perfectly segregated before the amp all amp has to do is amplify the very good quality ultra clean signals. so no hissing, clipping issues.

and amp will turn off when signal is off automatically.

there is a lot more options - but let me keep some suspense coz i first want to prove myself this stuff is working as its designed too or else i will become a joke :)

and yes i would suggest everyone that while buying a sub please match the rms with what the amp provides.
    it causes bad SQ, amp overheating and damages. wiring damages and what not. i have learnt a hard way.
  9. Italia-Linea

Pune
    hey just a quick question. what is the voltage out from the factory headunit. i couldnt find the information?
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

12V output is there from HU with fuse limitation of 10Amps for HU+ACC+Power Out