1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the old prices of 99$ was VFM. now if the price is about 11000 then i dont think its VFM. not to dishearten anyone but better specs amp are available which will drive a good 12" sub to its potential. giving 200 watts to a sub rated around 300watts rms is not a good idea. earlier i was not knowing this and was cribbing why i am not getting the desired output. i wasted money in buying and selling diff amps. then i got a amp that gives approx 300watts rms for the equivalent sub.

mainly i see here that the wiring kits are also costly.
    there are various ways of plug and playing the aftermarket amps.
    there are many line out converters ranging from 1000-5000 rs which dont require any wire cutting/slicing. they are just plug and play and give out a pure RCA out with 4V-8V to amp which is a very good signal.

but still i believe PNP blau is good uncomplicated way for powering your music system, but is blau going to provide support for discontinued model?
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Italia-Linea - I think 4/2ohms 200/250W RMS is a decent power to punch the in general Subs. I am not sayings its anywhere near the high end, but majority of normal audio enthu will be satisfied with it, if a proper sound stage is prepared.

Its still VFM if someone can buy from US at 139$+17.95$ comes to 7200Rs - I bought it for 99.95$+17.95$ = 5400Rs
    Compared to its price in India between 12-16K, its still at 50% a steal :) But buying it through Ebay Global buy and paying 11k is not worthwhile as one could buy better amps at that price or could buy same amp with bill and warranty with 10% more money paid.
  3. Italia-Linea

Pune
    ooh i thought its 11k now as someone mentioned in this thread and the costly 7k wiring.
    you are the most lucky guy. you got it damn cheap.

by the way whats the gauge on speaker wires present in linea. if you are powering compos i think its better to use atleast 16 AWG. thin wires cause lot of resistance and deteriorate sound quality.

you know what once you get bitten my ICE bug you never get satisfied. you keep on upgrading till you match your car cost :hit

if you need a proper sound stage then the vocals and highs should come from front and the sub should complement it from rear.
    if you are putting compos too in rear it will mix up vocals and you wont get correct sound stage when you are sitting in front.
    we dont have TA option.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

yups it comes to around 11k if ordered by Ebay Global buy, which includes shipping cost to india + custom duty + 3 party commission.
    I am not sure about the wire guage in Linea, but when I spoke to installer about the quality of default wire, he said they are good ones and dont need external wiring.

Agree ICE bug sucks out all the Vitamin M out of body.
    Thank fully buying few things from ebay in US do save some Vitamin M.
    I planned it following way
    1. Components in Front with tweeter mounted on dashboard (as they would not fit in the default location)
    2. Co-axial in rear
    3. Dual 10" woofer in rear connected parallel to get 2ohm setup. Had old pairs of woofers, that went in for time being.

Sound proofing using Dynamat Extereme :)
  5. Italia-Linea

Pune
    sounds like a plan. what brand are the woofers and whats the rating on them?
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Dont remember the brands, but they are like 150/180W each, they are too old but perform good :)
    In future I might replace them with infinity kappa 10" or MTX 10"
    Attached is the linea installation pic

[attachment=0:trht2bud]woofers.jpg[/attachment:trht2bud]

Also I inquired about power cable for AMP, got following quotes

1. Eartquake 8G - 250rs + 250rs for fuse
    2. MTX 8G - 250rs + 125rs for fuse.

Ideally I would like to have kicker wires, yet to figure out it at a dealers place.
    Any recommendation on above mentioned options

woofers.jpg
  7. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys! Check this out! :dancing

[attachment=0:34kdkm4y]IMG_20110217_230013.jpg[/attachment:34kdkm4y]

PS: One cable I have is still spare! up for grabs!

IMG_20110217_230013.jpg
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    @viny - if you want only power cables better go for 4G finolex cables. they are very good for the purpose.

forgot to add- 8G/6G will also be good for the amp rating you have. no issues.

be aware of fakes.

250 sounds very cheap. how long is the wire and where are you putting the amp?

and ya ...both the subs appear to be different brands put in same box. theoretically putting diff brands with diff specs in diff spec box is not recommended.

but if they sound very good to your ears, i will call it as nirvana. :devilface
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

@countrock: NIRVANA :)

@Italia-Linea: Both the Woofers are of same make and model, one of them has gone for cone replacement, so has new type of cone.
    Reason for cheap amp wire is that the RCA cable of the kit is already used in other car installation. Generally a kit has just one pair of RCA wires, so for second set of speakers the second pair of RCA cable are taken for second kit, leaving behind the AMP cable and fuse :D

I am eyeing on audio cable kits rather than finolex cable, as it would have all the connectors available with it. And the cable is full length cable that goes into any car.
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune
    the power cables in the kits dont have any connectors. connectors are given seperate and you need to clamp them on the wires.
    but if you are getting it so cheap just grab them.