1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Don't know wire thickness or gauge.
    It was taken from Scoshe wiring kit. Total kit including RCA and power cable costs around 2400, I took only power cable for Rs 700/-
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    seems you went for the 8 gauge from the E400 kit. they are ok cables and will do good duty with your set up. if you are looking for heavy power upgrade to 4 gauge. kicker wires are true gauge, others mostly fool by keeping copper thin and the coating thick.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I think 8 guage wires are more than enough, given that amp is maxed out at 40amp.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    A twist in the tale, I ordered the item on January 31st as received payment confirmation immediately. Thought I would be getting the Amp, Went ahead and purchased the Harness & extension cable kit from a fellow TFI'an.

I called iccworld to check the status of the shipment was remaining the same and the guy at the other end of the phone said that the US seller has agreed to refund the money because the item is out of stock (The item is very much in stock, but at a higher price). He said I'll be processing the refund within two days.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Open up ebay complaint, demand for item instead of refund. As when you bought the item it was there in the stock, and the seller is still selling the same. They cannot ditch you. Ebay is very customer centeric, post all the details of your purchase and current availability status. Ebay will try to ensure that you get the item which you paid for.

I have won similar case in past where the seller walked out saying out of stock and soon relisted the item at higher price. Ebay doesnt allow sellers to do oversell. Hence if seller has committed to sale, he has to provide the stuff, unless he could prove the stuff is damaged or lost.

I think the Indian counterpart, delayed in putting the purchase and hence missed the $99.95 price and now he came up with out of stock excuse. Show him the link and tell him that seller is still selling the same product, so he got to honor the purchases.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Yeah Viny, I spoke to the customer care and they have registered a complaint. The CC executive however said that even though they commited to get you the item at the price, if the seller re-lists the item at a different price i2c may not be able to ship the item. I also informed that I received a shipping confirmation e-mail with all the tracking number, Seems like all that is bull. These guys never bought the item, Since they had 10 day SLA to ship the item have given a fake number.

Anyhow looks like with the current price I'm better off getting a Focal 4-Channel Amp.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Well if you have received shipping confirmation email and the tracking number then I2C is culprit, he has to honor the deal. provide the copy of shipping confirmation mail and tracking number given to you to eBay CC and ask them to honor the deal ASAP.

You paid what was asked for a product listed on ebay, you are entitled to receive the product. It doesnt matter what happens to the pricing on next day.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Yeah Viny,but all these hold true only in overseas. In India they damn care about customer satisfaction. Any how raised the case and keeping fingers crossed. Started enquiring about amp availability here in Chennai, if not then the focal it is - screw the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

@Teky: http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0551601945 shows that the seller sold last piece at $99.95 on 6th Feb, so you have a strong case that product was not out of stock as seller has sold 11pcs between Jan 31st and Feb 6 for $99.95
    :boxer :boxer the I2C guys on face with the facts presented to eBay Customer Care and ensure that you not only get your amp for which you have paid for, but also get the compensation for time loss, harassment as well as cost involved in follow up.

Even if you use other AMPs, you can use the extension harness + connector, so you would not be required to cut the original wiring in the car :)
    All you would need to do is chomp of the heads that connect to ampli, and you would have it like regular wire connecting to amp for both audio IN and audio OUT :)

Do at your discretion, its just a suggestion :mrgreen: :cool
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks Viny for pouring in your suggestions. The guy told me to hold on for 24 hours before doing anything, but I see the seller has processed the refund. In this case I'll do hell with I2C and ask one of my friend to carry the amp which works out cheaper. Only downer is I've to wait till enf of March to lay my hands on. At the price he is selling I think it's still VFM considering the prices of other amps sold here.

Anways let's see, I'll keep you posted.