1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hi viny, check the gauge of the wires and only then put a new fuse. fuse is designed to handle the load based on what the wiring supports.
    i suggest you to go for atleast 8 gauge wiring externally from battery to the amp. but then it defies the logic of plug and play.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Italia-Linea: The fuse that blew off was not part of wiring kit, its the default HU+ACC power usage fuse installed in the car. Its rated to 10Amp. Yes the whole logic of PNP gets defied if one has to pull a secondary wire from battery.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I have used power cable that comes in Scosche wiring kit.
    Amp shuts off by sensing the output from PnP speaker input so installing direct power cable is not a problem. Wire can easily come in from engine bay with current electrical wiring that comes in.

Installed Infinity Ref 6530cs in all four days 2 days back and all I can say is that they are great I am wondering how good they will sound with the amp.
    Rear doors didn't have holes in grill for tweeters. Holes had to be made in them
    Damping is needed even without an amp. :A :A
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Vijay: Share the pics ::D Really want to look around how the wiring looks around. Also how much the Scosche wiring kit costs?
    Also could you share the logic of having 4 components, generally people go with front comps and rear co-axial.
    Also do you find them bright? As many say Infinity Speakers are bright. I was pondering on Infinity Kappa 60.9CS
  5. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The 6 harness kits are finally in India! PMs sent to be people who booked them! I will get my hands on them on Thursday night! ::OO

Damn my Dubai trip! I really wanted to get myself a Punto in feb! But the silver lining is that I will have tons of cash now to spend on making my Punto one of a kind :car :mrgreen:
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great news CountRock.
    Even my amp has arrived today (to my friend in US). :dancing

Only thing remaining is extension cable.
    I see both 2.5m and 5.5m cables are available on vicky.in, which one makes more sense to buy? I am not yet sure where to put the amp. I need to visit some ICE shop to find out their preference.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

For punto, 2.5mtr is the way to go, with 5.5mtr, you could probably make two rounds to boot :evilsmile , I am left with over 4-5ft of wire after installing the amp near the tail lamp in my linea.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Viny. Let me buy 2.5m then.

Next month I will hunt for Speakers.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ya i know what you blowed off. but that blew off coz it was not designed to handle amp+hu+acc load. this is a reason why we always use good wiring kit for powerful amps. otherwise everyone would have used power from cig lighter/ other power cables.

hey how much did it cost for those awesome components ref 6530? they are best VFM and the mids are very good on them.so you will obviously need damping ::D.they need an amp to run on full potential.
  10. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    BTW the amp price has gone up to Rs.10629. Think we guys are lucky ::D