1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Looks like the seller is getting good demands :)
    I am sure you he did bulk buy of over 100 amps to be able to offer such prices.
    Interestingliy I also came across a seller who buys the amp from this guys and then tries to sell the same at $350 on ebay itself. I busted him off when i showed his feedback comments on the sellers (billmondays) account for the amp :D

I guess around 5-7 amps are bought by TFIans.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

Quick update:

AMP in hand was bugging me, as i still await dynamat and my set of components.
    I could not control the itch, hence went ahead with a DIY and completed the installation of amp in rear within 1hr of time.
    Now that amp has got plugged in I played using the default speakers, immediately noticed clarity and good bass. The mono sub line was still empty on Amp. Again the itch started off, this reminded me that I have age old 10" Subwoofers lying around. Couldnt control much hence went ahead and did install dual 10" Sub in the boot. Although woofers are not as powerfull as I would like too , but then given that 555 has 200w out, my dual 10" sub's played awesome. The thump on rear seat was mind blowing.

2.5 harnesskit + connector cable are SOLD.

Good news is that one of my friend is coming from Europe next week, if anyone needs connectors let me know I can ask him to bring few if required.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great Viny.

To connect sub, do we need some extra cable?
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Yups, any normal speaker cables, the amp comes with a connector plug, one can fix amp wires into those plugs and plug it into amp.
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Vny :wow !!

Thats sounds great. Did you manage the connections all by yourself? If yes, please post steps/videos of the same.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

livelyyoungman: PNP is meant for DIY, its simple straight forward. Hence I was able to do it all by myself. I will try to put in some steps

Entire DIY stuff is focused on 3 things

A. Head Unit and Wire connection
    B. Passing the Wire under the door foot panels
    C. Connecting the Wires to Amplifier

About Connector Harness
    Connector harness has 3 main things
    1. Connector for HU (PIN A)
    2. Connector for Power OUT for Extension Harness. This connector can receive power from two lines, red or yellow coming from PIN A. Connect the Yellow to Yellow wire to complete the Power OUT.
    3. Connector for Extension Harness

About Extension Harness
    Side A
    1. Connector to connect to PIN B IN of MC (Read below to find out what is MC)
    2. Connector to connect to PIN B OUT of Head Unit
    3. Connector to connect to Power OUT Pin on Connector Harness

Side B
    1. Connector for Front Audio In
    2. Connector for Rear Audio In
    3. Connector for Front Audio Out
    4. Connector for Rear Audio Out
    5. Connector for Power.

All pins are unique and would connect to its head only, if logically looked into.

Section A (Head Unit Connection)

1. Using V shaped HU Key, pull out the head unit.
    2. At the back of HU, Carefully unplug the ISO pin socket (HU Main connector - MC) from the HU.
    3. Look into the HU compartment, you would see some space at the left corner from where the wires are pulled in. Once accertianed, push the amp connector pinset (SIDE B) of the "Extension Harness" inside the HU Compartment, push it out of the left corner. Push it out slowly.
    4. Bend under the glove box, you would see some open space on the right side, carefully push in your hand inside it and you would find the extension harness there, slowly pull it and now the harness should come out from there. Pull entire harness, leaving just 2-3 feet of wire outside the HU compartment.
    5. At the back of HU, In Pin A (lower) connect the Connector harness, connect the other end of connector harness to PIN A of MC
    6. At the back of HU, In Pin B(upper) connect the Pin B OUT connector of Extension Harness
    7. Connect the PIN B IN of Extension Harness to PIN B IN of MC
    8. Connect the Power OUT of connector harness to Power IN of extension harness.

With this we are done with connection of Head unit, Connector Harness and Extension harness. One can test the setting by connecting Amp at this point of time to ensure the connection is working fine. (See below on How to connect amp)

Section B (Pulling the Extension Harness to Boot)

In all cars there is wiring channel created on left side of the car under the door foot rests. Generally all audio wires are carried though this channel only.

1. Once again bend down below the glove box and you would not that there is specific channel clips which are meant for holding wire.
    2. In order to gain access to wiring channel 3 plastic panels are required to be removed. Once again if you look on left corner under the glove box, you would see a screw on left plastic panel. Unlock these screw. Dont pull the panel, there is second screw near door foot, unscrew the same.
    3. Move into rear door, in continuation of same plastic pannel you would see on more screw. Unlock the screw.
    4. Raise the lower part of rear seat. You would see two plastic bolts holding the same panel, carefully plug them out.
    5. Carefully move the unlocked plastic parts, Once done with this the door foot level wiring channel will be exposed to you.
    6. Small plastic boxes holding the wire channel can be seen here, this boxes can be easily opened by applying some force.
    7. Care fully, pull along your extension where harness from the underneath of glove box to the left corner, you would be surprised to see that special wire holder are specially kept for holding extension harnesses. Pass through your wiring kit though these holders and then pull it through the door footwell wire channel till rear seat.
    8. Now fold the back of rear seat, You would be required to remove the plastic panel on lower C pillar, to move the wire to boot. Again there are two screws one on top C pillar and other on the inner side of the boot. Remove this two screws, and carefully pull out the plastic panel. You would see channel specifically designed for taking wiring to boot. Pull you extension harness to boot section.

Hurray wire has reached the boot :dance :dance
    Once again if required, connect the amp and test if wiring is perfect and there has been no damage done while pulling it in.

Since the wire is in boot, now based on your preferences you call place your amp and get the wire covered under the black mat.
    Also note that amp comes with a second wire for BASS, you can use the same channel for bass wire and select your location of place ment of bass switch. So plan accordingly.

Carefully pack back all the opened up plastic parts.
    Gently clear up the HU compartment, club together the wires and slowly push then out of left corner opening.Carefully push back in the HU, this might require few tries as, wire at the rear blocks the passage.

Section 3 (Connection for AMP)

AMP has unique sockets for all the wires, thus a given pair of wire will plug into a given socket only.
    Before plugging in the wires, kindly note that all the connection points come with covered connector sockets, which we dont require when using PNP. Remove them by pulling gently.
    Now plug in power in, Audio IN (FRONT and Rear), Audio Out (Front and Rear). Extension harness has FRONT marked on the wires. Plug in the wires and you AMP is ready :)

Although it looks like a very lengthy process, but its not. This is first time I have done this and it took me just around 1 hour or so, that includes time to figure out where the things have to go. Now that you have some basics it should be pretty easy.

Do this if you are DIY Freak and have confidence on yourself.
    I shall not be hold responsible for your actions and outcomes. Use your brains and instincts.
  7. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fantastic. Now my hands are staring to itch......Waiting for the harness wire and the amp to lay my hands
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

Go ahead and enjoy :)
    By the way, I blew off the ACC and HU fuse, i was trying to raise the volume above 24, and all of sudden noticed Power to HU and ACC are gone :p
    I am yet to install Components and better speakers, probably dual 10" desi woofers blew it off. Will replace and upgrade the fuse ratings.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Viny give amplifier complete new wiring from battery.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

Vijay: Ya thats what now I am pondering upon. because the fuse that blew off was just 10AMP, and for sure the AMP will eat way 30AMP + power. How did you manage to pull the direct wire from battery with power on/off based on HU or key position? Any suggestions