1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    That's good to know. I ordered the Amp via GEB as well, Got a e-mail last week saying they have bought it from the seller and I should be receiving shipping details within 10 days. However I see no sign of e-mails at all, How many days did it take for you guys to lay hands on the amp after you placed the order?

Also I've PM'd you regarding the harness and adaptor kit. I would assume I require both of them and it's not specific to Linea. For the Amp to work in 3-Channel configuration would we still need to connect the power from the battery?
  2. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

Viny...enough already talked about it but can you shed some light on the power connections you tried???
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @teky, adutt: Good news is that there is no hassle in regard to power connection. Connector takes care of it. Just to yellow to yellow connection, this way the even when car is not at "MAR" position and if HU is on, you amp will be on and if you shut down the HU the amp also shuts down. But if key is on "Mar" and HU is off, then also the AMP is powered, reason could be BLUE & ME, you might be in car with HU off but phone connected to blue and me and your car being on "MAR" position so blue & me on signal will make HU to power up amp.

If you connect red wire to yellow wire in connector then amp will start only if car key postion is on "MAR" or above but if you put off the HU the amp will also shut down.

Final conclusion: PNP connector and Blaupunt THA 555 PNP works great :) amp does shut down when HU goes down. No special jugad required :) i am not sure how the other guys landed up on ACC power supply link. If you would look closely at connector wire its very detailed. Every wire is properly marked and gives basic explanation :)
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    That's great news Viny. Now if you can please put some pictures across on the connectors it would be easy for us to folks.

P.S - Hope you've reserved the Harness & Wiring Kit for myself, Sent you PM regarding this.
  5. Hitesh

Hitesh

Nashik
    well countrock my punto is here as u saw n drove last week,so send me the harness n wiring asap....amp on its way already lol....im planning on vibe components and mtx sub...cant wait to listen to the boom.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

@ Teky: i already posted the pics of amp, connector and harness , here its once again for you.
    I am yet to receive your message, kindly check your outbox, probably its lying there till now, by the way i did got msg from other TFIan who suggest that you are looking for it. Kindly drop me a message with your phone number and probably we can take it from there.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  7. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

See I always use to say that.... you guys dint believe me. ::D But anyone who went through ACC might have got power directly through battery....whether that setup allows the same on/off functionality of the amp still need to be checked.

I hope direct power through battery does not turn out to be a compulsion when the sub is connected.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Direct power from battery is not compulsory but the amp will get more current directly through battery so it will perform better i.e. upto it's full specification of rated 55x4 + 200 W RMS.
    Extension cable that I got was defective, it's with dealer to replace it under warranty would take above 1 month for new cable to arrive :A
    One of the rear speaker was not working, cable had some fault in connections :hit
    Dealer have gave me one more choice to make a custom extension using connectors and cable. Need your suggestions on it.
    Dealer is ready to return 2500/- that I paid for extension cable from 3500/- that I paid for connector and extension cable.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

Vijay: I think you have received the duplicate extension cable, i have seen duplicate extension cable available in india at dirt cheap price as compared to original cable prices and compared it with the original that i imported, there is clear notable difference. Please ask your dealer to get the original pair. The quality of wire matters a lot to get the real juice out of system.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The price of amp is increased to $119.95 from $99.95 on ebay.com.