1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Viny, Vijay.....do share your details of your power connection setup. Waiting for that.

I double-checked mine. It is yellow to yellow and amp powers on and off exactly with the HU. If i switch off the HU with ignition on, the amp goes off as well.

Viny...u may be right that its a constant supply on yellow cable....so along with what i observed the best explanation to me seems to be that amp swithces on itself when it detects audio signal from HU. So yellow cable gives it contant power but this signal detect feature works as a on/off switch.

The red cable will allow you to power on the amp when the key is turned as it is ignition mode power. Wanted to try myself plugging the red cable in, but that HU is very difficult to put back in after the PnP mod.

If you can...try to plug red one first and see if you can use the amp without the key turned on. My take is that HU will power on but amp will not.

Crux being...as HU can power on/off independently as well as with ignition, it gives out the same options for the amp as well through red/yellow cables.
  2. anirban

anirban

Mumbai
    It is freely available in Mumbai..

3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    anirban: Availability was never an issue, price was the issue, thats why many like me went for importing it. Please go through the 15 pages of posts and you would come to know more about the entire scenario around.
  4. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @CountRock: Do you have additional adapters? I can pick up a couple if you do have.
  5. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Finally for the AMP has arrived! ::D :mrgreen:
    [attachment=5:2tzgl427]IMG_5079.jpg[/attachment:2tzgl427][attachment=6:2tzgl427]IMG_5080.jpg[/attachment:2tzgl427][attachment=7:2tzgl427]IMG_5081.jpg[/attachment:2tzgl427][attachment=0:2tzgl427]IMG_5083.jpg[/attachment:2tzgl427][attachment=1:2tzgl427]IMG_5082.jpg[/attachment:2tzgl427][attachment=2:2tzgl427]IMG_5084.jpg[/attachment:2tzgl427][attachment=3:2tzgl427]IMG_5085.jpg[/attachment:2tzgl427][attachment=4:2tzgl427]IMG_5086.jpg[/attachment:2tzgl427]

Edit: Finally got the sequence rite! :dancing

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_5080.jpg

IMG_5081.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

IMG_5082.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5086.jpg
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Congrats :)
    Finally its in your hands, when does it goes into car?
    Thanks for the pics, i am sure similar pictorial review will be there for installation too :)
  7. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fantastic dude. Mine is on the way. Just confirmed the order.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Congrats Countrock. Great pictures
    Viny when is your amp arriving
  9. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Re: BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Well, I was going to get my very own Punto 90 HP sometime in Feb. But I am going to Dubai for almost 2 months. So will be getting the car only then. :-(

Also hiding the amp from my dad. He may nick it when I am not here :p

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

@vijay: My Amp has arrived and landed in Chennai, I am working on getting it to my place. If things work out then it might reach at my place within few days.

@countrock: Well you got better opportunity to shop around ::d , keep in touch with us. You could be one good resource to source some stuffs from dubai (tax free :devil )