1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Yup Countrock I forgot 10% discount given by ebay. But the cost mentioned by Viny is after 10% discount original price was around 9000.
    Yaa viny it was a very good deal even after adding customs and shipping charges.
  2. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Guys i was skeptic about the ebay thing....but you guys got a really good deal. Does that include a warranty??

Mine was 16.5k total...including adapter and 5.5m harness. I think i could have saved a couple of thousands by sourcing everything online.

And guess what...somehow the mrp on my adaptor is RS. 750 :A But to make up for the losses on the amplifier(MRP 24500) these guys in NCR are luring you by reducing the price of the amp and charging higher for the adapter and harness.

So if one plays smartly you should be able to get amp (8k from ebay) + adapter( Rs.750 if you get some1 who will sell it at MRP) + 5.5m harness( Rs.1750 online order from some Vicky.in is it??). SO everythig for wht under 11K....??
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    But adutt no in my city have this adapter and neither he is willing to order it.
    No the amps don't have any warranty
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @adutt: Adaptors are no more available and reasons are

1. People importing amps and buying of adaptor for balupunkt importers/dealers, which means they cannot sell there stocked amps (which already dont have buyers). So these guys will sell the adaptor kit only if someone is buying amp from them. But now even these importers dont have any more stock of same. So even jugads at local level would not work out.

2. Tha555PNP is discontinued product, so no one is storing the car specific pnp adaptor in international market.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is its replacement?
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

None, company is continuing with the 4 channel amp tha475 also there is a 2chanel amp tha275pnp

Tha475
    # 4-channel car amplifier
    # 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (85 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
    # 180 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms
    # amplifier connects to your factory radio with an optional Plug N Play power and signal wiring harness
    # variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz)
    # high-pass/subsonic filter (10-250 Hz)
    # full-range Class-D amplifier design
    # direct auxiliary input

Tha 555 pnp
    # 5-channel car amplifier
    # 55 watts RMS x 4 + 200 watts RMS at 4 ohms (65 watts RMS x 4 + 250 watts RMS at 2 ohms)
    # 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged output + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
    # amplifier connects to your factory radio with an optional Plug N Play power and signal wiring harness
    # variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz)
    # high-pass/subsonic filter (10-250 Hz)
    # full-range Class-D amplifier design
    # direct auxiliary input

Tha475 is better option as it gives more power per channel, furthermore for real bass pleasure one would go ahead and install mono pnp amp.
    On the otherhand tha555 on the price that we bought gives a decent output in all fields, including sub. Thus meets basic requirements of getting good music at a budget cost.

Current generation quality components come with on avg 80-100RMS thus tha 555 PNP at peak would be just touching the normal RMS limits of these components which has high of 250-270RMS, this is another reason why the 555 PNP could not pick up much. But then not everyone wants 200RMS output per channel all the time.

Probably Ansal could give better answer in regard to his experiences with the setup in his car. And if he could record a video and or could give demo to some other TFI'ans then they could pour in there views on same.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So does tha475 available in India? If yes, what is the price?

I understand if one doesn't need sub, 4-channel amp should be sufficient to power some nice component speakers, right?
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

Yes, HU has ample juice to power normal component and co-axial speakers. Amps brings out the best of sound quality in its capability and gives you better results on higher volumes as compared to HU

Tha475 MRP is 18500/- but should be available in local market for 10-12K with bill and warranty. This also requires same wire harness kit.
  9. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The extension cable 5.5m I got from Vicky.in has a MRP of 7.5k! It was imported in Aug 2008!

PS:They charged around 150 bucks for DHL shipping!

Edit: Anyone know any good installer for PNP amps and does dampening in either Mumbai or Pune? ::pP
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

CountRock: Await your Ampli unpacking and customs details report.