1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Yashik, I am yet to decide on that. From what I have heard from my friends if you supervise the installation the installers do a decent job.
    Stayaway from SK Motors the owner is arrogant and isn't interested in answering your question about the equipment. Though he have good range of products to choose from. He pushes Boston speakers too much.
    Car Life in Sec 27 though not as big as SK motors but the guy over there is very helpful and answers all your queries about the product.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    ^^ yups and it not only adds gyan and knowledge, but also lets you know whats gone in there and how :)
  3. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

Nice to hear that....i hope thats true if a sub is added to the setup. I seriously want to avoid running power from the battery for associated issues with it. I donno how much compromise on quality it would be.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ya, learnt it the hard way. Got my old M800 ICEd from him and then a Xenos crap central locking. Not going to his shop again unless no other option. ::pP
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Found the Linea PNP connector image on tbhp
    See the image for some wiring details that i have been talking about.

Click on thumbnail to see larger image as the right side of the full size image get chopped in TFI

The current image shows the typical yellow to yellow connection for 12v constant power supply.
    And I have been refering to red to yellow connection for power on ignition.

I hope ansal or skywalker can give share some more details about how they have gone about this connection.

PS: Found the connector image on tbhp, credit goes to origonal poster
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  6. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Mine is yellow to yellow...tha makes the amp come on when you turn on the HU.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Did you connected it to ACC power supply, as done by Ansal ? Or any other special modifications for power?
  8. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    My fuse box was not opened...

So the adaptor that goes in to the HU has 2 wires for power hanging out...one red and one yellow....and the 5.5 m wiring harness has a yellow towards the HU end. SO if you connect yellow on the wiring harness to the yellow on the adaptor ..the amp gets the power from the HU when u turn the HU on. the power is coming from the HU power button circuitry. Though i dint try the red wire i think it would be to power the amp when you turn on the ignition switch.
  9. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Viny ...forgot to mention that your pic says it all..that is how exactly mine is setup. Red wire is unused...as i think its the continuous power supply to amp.

When you come to think of it, a direct power to amp (independent of HU) will be required if you want to utilize direct aux in feature of the amp...for which you may need power from red cable.
    I think there would not be a way otherwise to play something from the amp's direct aux in feature (with the HU being on) as source selection would not be possible. And aux in my friends is an awsome feature on this amp which should allow you to connect your iPod directly and you can do away the sound quality issues with HU and use iPOd's sound processor to do the job, which to me is by far the best quality sound i have ever heard.

IN our b&m USB..if you connect iPod through USB ..the HU reads it as data and sound processing starts from there, but if try using Aux In feature in a car and play via iPod the quality improves leaps and bounds. Tried it on my friends SX4 which allows both USB and Aux In options for iPod.

I may have travelled a little off the topic here.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

Adutt: Thanks for a very detailed reply, but then leads to some serious confusions

If yellow to yellow works fine for you, then why did Ansal and SkyWalker where having issue of constant power supply and amp being up all the time, where by they used the ACC connection for power on ignition.

Also need to figure out when is Red wire used.

Yellow is marked as contant 12 V, red is marked as ignition 12v :confused