1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

ya! I was wondering the same thing! 55/65RMS is what would be fed to the speakers!

But on the flip side the amp was designed to be used with stock wiring!
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Yes amp was designed to be used with stock wiring, but i am not sure if it was not designed to work with "FIAT India" stock wirings, the same AMP kit is used in Alfa Romeo, Mercedes and many others where Blaupunkt enjoy OEM status.

Furthermore i think the internal wiring is matter that is in hands of manufacturer, he would most probably use something that goes with his setup and not as per what component providers can utilize.
  3. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Yea...but if it comes to changing the speaker wiring.....there is actually no point going for this discontinued amp as there are lot better sound configurations available at lesser cost.

So knowing that people have successfully done this upgrade (Ansal and a few on tbhp) i think we should be good to go.
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    The OEM wiring is more than good enough to support the kind of out put we require for our setup. For my installation, all the power output at various points were actually checked through a multimeter (i think it was ;-) ). It was only the crap Made in Poland that wasnt good enough. So you guys can easily rest on that. ::T
  5. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Great news....

Ansal ...i saw that 8 or 10 gauge kinda red wire in your installation pics...so is it that you are powering the amp from the battery?? and not using the power in the wiring harness??
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    I dnt think that Red wire was used. They bought it out to check if that was needed.
  7. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @viny,

The OEM wiring will be able to handle the output to the speakers. However, the sound quality may not be optimal. Good quality wiring will definitely improve the sound quality. But then is it worth voiding your warranty?? This is the decision that you will have to make.

Johnny
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    My amp have reached India and is under Custom Clearance. Would receive it by this week.
    Viny when are you receiving the adapter kits.
    Now the search starts for a good installer and audition of speakers and sub.

If speaker wiring needs to changed. It defeats the whole purpose of this Plug N Play amplifier.
    Changing wiring would not void warranty unless you cut the original wires. Wiring can be directly connected to amp or the extension cable end that goes into stock wiring. You can always modify the extension cable to connect new wiring which directly goes to speakers without using stock speaker wiring.

fiat warr.png
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Vijay Khasa- From where do you intend to get your Linea ICEd? From Chandigarh? I am also planning to upgrade the speakers (only) but I don't know if there is any reliable installer in Chandigarh or not.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Great :)
    I am expecting the stuff on 23rd or 30th, stuff would land in India on 21st itself.

I talked to local installer, he says the default wiring are good, they would be able to hold on, infact if someone doesnt want amp, then he could also go on with components itself only as HU has ample juice to power components.