1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

BLAUPUNKT THA555PNP Car Amplifier

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Viny, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Cool :)
    Also do you have pics taken while removing the HU from the dashboard, Is it easy to pull it out? I fear broken edges or marks, if not done professionally. Could you share some details on how this was done or taken care off?

I also got few lights, and was wondering if this could be used along with the switches available below the central AC Vents. I found that currently those switches are just plastic plate and not actually a switch. Anyone having experiences with those switches ?

Even I am confused, if he used the red wire to connect the power, then how did inserted the fuse in that, and why he was required to use the ACC fuse. Probably missing some clues, anyway thanks for those details, i will try to take a proper note when I get through this.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    I dnt think we are technically apt for understanding the wiring by ourselves :) One wrong step and we would be grabbing our hair.

The HU comes out easily but putting it back is helluva job. It took a long time to get all the allignment right for it, with all the new wiring put in. The wiring kit is so very heavy.

Those are dead switches. They can be used. While installation, i enquired if the Amp Bass Remote can somehow be put there. :) i know too good to be true. Conncetions can be put on there, but depends on what they are.

What do u mean by few lights??
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

I got few led strips, got to installed them too, hence need to figure out switches for them in dashboard. ideally would preffer them to get started with headlight with manual switch control.
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Funnily enough, I had one as well. I asked for it to get that installed. But that might require a procedure putting the warranty in joepardy. So din go for it. Wanted it so so bad. Have to get this confirmed. How are you planning to attach them ??
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hi Ansal, i saw the damping pics on your thread. but i think there should not have been holes in the sheet. it should be completely packed to avoid resonance of sound waves. the main expectation of damping is the avoid waves from amplifying into the trims and making them vibrate. but if you are happy and nothing vibrates and gives good sound its fine ... cheers
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Already had a word with the installer, will get that sorted pretty soon. ::T
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

@Ansal: Could you share you installers contact details VIA PM, I might order Dynamat Extereme Pack from him, found him resonable for the cost that he charged you for 7 sheets.

Not sure why things are so costly in India, i found Infinity Kappa Series components for the price at which I am getting Infinity Reference series. (Kappa series in India is almost twice the cost of Reference Series).
    Have to look out for some kappa series demo, if found it as per my taste, then it might be next item in my US order list.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

Any review done for Infinity 60.9cs 6-1/2" Component Speaker System

Specifications:

# Sensitivity: 93 dB
    # RMS Power Range : 2-90 Watts
    # Peak Power Handling: 270 Watts
    # Frequency response: 45-35000 Hz
    # Diameter: 6.5 Inch Features
    # 6-1/2" two-way component system with outboard crossover and I-mount tweeter mounting kit including Startfish OEM adapter
    # Edge-driven UHF dome tweeter
    # 2-ohm impedance for extra power (compatible with all factory or aftermarket car stereos)
    # Plus One® woven-glass-fiber woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
    # 1" ultra-high frequency textile dome tweeter with I-Mount™ and Starfish™ for multiple mounting options
    # 2-way external crossover network with tweeter level adjustment
    # Computer-optimized voice-matched crossovers
    # Direct-connect crossover dongle
    # Woofer top-mount depth: 2-7/16"
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

@Ansal: Given that inbuilt speakers are of 20W- 30W, I think even internal wiring must have been of quality that would support 20W or 30W, did you went for new wiring for speakers, given that new set of speakers will pump out upto 200 -250W in peak performance. I am not sure if default speakers wiring can handle this. What does your experience says?
  10. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

I agree....thts my concern as well....are we compromising on these important things if we go for a pnp upgrade after spending a hefty 40k on the setup. Are we sure speaker wiring would not turn out to be a hindrance towards the desired end result.

Ansal...your comments please?? Save us all.