1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blackening B pillars

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gopscreative, Nov 9, 2011.

1. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Hi Guys,
    I want my Punto's B pillars to be blackened. What are the suggestions? Should I go painting or stickering. And please recommend a good place in Bangalore where I can get the work done in a good manner.Any others usggestions are also welcome and Thanks in advance.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Go for Stickers. Try out with 3M glossy stickers.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    gopscreative go to the local radium wala and ask him to put Black Glossy Vinyl on B Pillar. It will be cost effecting and will look great too.
  4. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Vinyl is usually glossy in nature right? But the stock ones will be non glossy.What do you guys think? Glossy surface or Non glossy one?
  5. i will prefer non glossy ones .. I find that as more classic ..
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    You can get glossy as well as Matt finished vinyl in market.

Since last few month Matt Finished Vinyl used on B Piller of FIAT cars. Earlier it was in Glossy finish.

My 90HP has matt finished vinyl on B Pillar and my Punto 1.2 Emotion (Sept 2010) had a Glossy vinyl on B pillar.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  7. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Hey Kedar, U have two punto's!! Din knew it.. Excellent man!!
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

Gops, it is a personal matter of choice - I prefer matt finish over glossy. If you get it done, do post pictures and price.
  9. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Hey Anoop, planning to get it done this weekend and will post the pics.Ya and even I like matt finish.By the way I saw your Car detailing.Very impressive and the amount of effort you have taken for it is shows the love towards your beauty. Please share some details regarding the procedure you have done on detailing.
  10. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I had refrained from the B pillar blackouts because I am a bit apprehensive about how the stickers are cut to fit the pillar spaces. I mean do they actually use a knife or a blade or any other sharp object? If yes then this would leave scratches on the paint. I am planning to do a DIY, but still cant figure out how to cut the stickers without scratching the paint.

Rituraj