1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blackberry Users

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by amogh, Apr 20, 2011.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys,

Being the phone junkie I am, I have now joined the Blackberry band wagon (in addition to the iphone)

But : I am mighty pissed off with Vodafone for giving freakin expensive Blackberry Plans (something like Rs.599 per month)

Now let me be very honest : I am acting like a kanjus here and asking for a favour ;)

Does anyone have contacts in Vodafone here who can get me a good deal on the blackberry plan ? I know there is an Unlimited 399 plan for Vodafone Mumbai users, but it is not available in Pune.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Amogh
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I had been using a Vodafone email only blackberry plan till recently, this plan cost me 299 and then the talk plan another 199. In total the monthly damages used to be in the 700-800 range. Starting this month, I discontinued it.
    Tata Docomo seems to have a PrePaid BlackBerry plan, not sure of the details.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Not sure why people wanna go blackberry way when you have 1000 times better connectivity on cheaper prices available on other smartphones based on Android or iphone.

Amogh: Any special reason you went with blackberry. Alternately checkout BSNL blackberry plans, they are much cheaper.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    amogh, does vodafone is a must option, or you are looking for any cheaper blackberry plan in Pune?

Check you PM/Email.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I am on Android, and I am yet to see a keypad comparable to a BlackBerry on the Android or any other phone make for that matter. The Nokia E72 and E71, probably E63 as well, are the only phones that comes close.
    Except for connectivity, BlackBerry's are cheap. You can get a New BlackBerry (2G) for around 8K or less while you need to spend around 15K for a New Nokia E72.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @viny

Why blackberry ?
    1. I already have an iphone. Did not want another touch phone. According to me : all iphones and android based touchphones are actually fun devices. They don't look like serious business phones.
    2. Blackberry messenger is awesome !! Many of my friends are on blackberry and its awesome to chat with them for free (including my friends who stay abroad)
    3. Bold 9780 (which I have) looks pretty cool & smart. Plus Blackberry OS 6.0 is a HUGE step ahead from OS 5.0
    4. My organisation uses Lotus Notes : and it is extremely easy to sync blackberry with Lotus. Plus all the meetings schedule, calendar, follow ups etc that I create in Lotus Notes get synced to the phone.

Of all the keypad phones I checked, I found the Blackberry's keypad the easiest to use. The other competitors were Nokia E series phones but Symbian pissed me off. It is a retarded OS !! Although my typing speed on the iphone is still twice of what it is on the Blackberry : I am sure I will catch up pretty soon

All in all : I think Blackberry is a pretty smart device. Especially with OS 6.0 they have made a step ahead. But if I was in the market for buying a touch screen phone - I am sure I would have gone ahead with an Android (probably Samsung)
  7. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Hey Amogh,

The 399 unlimited plan in mumbai is not an official plan. Its more of a retention plan for those blackberry users who ask the vodafone guys to cancel the plan subscription because 599 is too expensive.

If you go in any store they wont even acknowledge such a plan exists. What you can do is( my brother tried this and was succesful) He went ahead to the vodafone store and asked for the 399 plan, they refused him right away, he told them that he was informed by a service attendant on Vodafone help line regarding such a plan whose name he couldnt recollect and the truth that many of his friends actually have the 399 plan and that he can share their numbers if required.

They took 48 hrs to complete some formalities and then activated the 399 plan for him. Basically what the Service attendant must have done is inform his bosses that there is a 599 unlimited customer who wants to cancel the plan so lets give him the 399 one instead lol. hope this helps.

PS- Even Im planning to buy a BB in the next few weeks, just confused which one too buy between a 9780 and 9800.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011