1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Blackberry user opinion?

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by suresh, Feb 5, 2011.

1. suresh

suresh Novizio

Bangalore
    I have been an ardent Nokia user for the last 12 years. Have used three N series phones over the last four years. The best being the N82.
    Saw how the blackberry works miracles with e mail and messenger. Planning to move to the BB now.
    Any users there who have already moved from using Nokia mobiles to Blackberry, please post your user experiences, advantages and disadvantages of the Blackberry over the Nokia.
    Thanks and regards
    Suresh
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Initially, Nokia and Blackberry were two different categories, Nokia being for common users (non business purposes) and Blackberry being Business Friendly phone was popular among Corporate world.
    In recent years, Blackberry recognized the potential of their phones and went ahead with giving additional features apart from boring biz emails..

Now a days, there is no major difference in the features you get on both these handsets -However, still blackberry rules the corporate world because of easy integration with corporate email server infrastructure.

One word of caution though is not to buy any track ball integrated phone from Blackberry as the track ball mechanism is prone to defects and would stop working after 6-8 months i have seen scores of my collegues who had this problem including me. I brought my phone in the UK and others from US, India, Dubai etc and everyone had same issues.

Plus, Blackberry internet is very costly affair, some charge as high as 800 per month for full internet access and you cant just buy a GPRS plan.
    Simply put, Nokia wins and Blackberry looses in terms of Monthly outgoing
    Features wise both are comparable
    Sturdy - Nokia scores above BB
    Accessories - Nokia Scores above BB
    Colors - Nokia scores above BB
    Cost wise - Nokia available with decent features from 5k INR, where as BB would start off from 12K INR

Trust this helps
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    android buddy android !!!! zillions of apps and endless possibilities .. BB is oldskool now !
  4. i use both Blackberry and Nokia E72.
    Blackberry for Official mails and Nokia for personal use.

Feature wise i find both the same. Nokia is more user friendly to use.I mean the navigation buttons and screens if you use the net.
    For internet, i mostly use Nokia because of this reason.

The one feature i liked in BB is the BB messenger. Otherwise, its the same.
  5. suresh

suresh Novizio

Bangalore
    True. But am looking at BB only from an e-mail/messenger angle. I anyway carry two phones. One for calls etc, the other is a nokia n97 mini for mail, Fring, messaging, document editing etc. Android phones are sure the way forward, but black berry is king when it comes to e-mail/messenger services. Also large doc files and pdf files download and open up really fast on the BB in my view and hence cost is not a criteria here for me. A trust worthy push e mail phone is. The nokia push mail client fails me at least twice a week and I realize the damage only much later during the day and loose out on time.