1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Black Smoke

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by bhai, Jun 24, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi

As all know Turbo car should not smoke.

But in my case , From 3000 Km onwards upto this date my car smokes after 2500 RPM.
    Sometime it smoke black. Sometimes Blue smoke is also there.

Is there any owner of MJD who is getting blue/black smoke OR both coloured smoke after completing initial 3000-5000 KM ?
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  2. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    nope mine is clear I havnt seen black smoke yet nor in any other mjd
    seems some problem with fuel pump better visit t.s.s. asap.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    any diesel car will emit smoke if you floor the pedal all of a sudden, just that crdi engines will have lesser amount than old age diesel engines. try accelerating gradually all the way up , after putting the car in neutral and see if it persists.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Black smoke is fine.. all turbo diesels smoke when accelerating hard.
    Blue smoke is not good.
  5. get the fuel pump checked.
    that might be a cause.
    also the exhaust(cat-con)

do you drive with a heavy foot(floor the pedal)

blue smoke means piston rings might have got damaged. engine oil getting burned.
    get your car checked at TASS
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A little smoke us common with diesels, but do check the quality of diesel if there is more smoke also clean air filter if needed. Bad fuel is one of the more common causes for extensive black smoke
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @Bhai

I think you are always very concerned about your car and many of the problems are more of your feelings seeming to turn true but may be not the reality. The only way you could have observed the intense black smoke would have been in the night with the smoke in the headlight beam of the car in the rear which you observe in your rear view mirror. or you may have asked another person to press the throttle while you observed it standing at the back. To observe the blue smoke in both processess is looking too much into detail and planting doubts in your mind which will lead you to visit the TASC. Visiting the TASC is something I like to do the last.
    Combustion varies infinitely depending on the changing conditions of throttle, load and gear . Many a time you had used adulterated fuel and they could have contributed, but my advise is to look ahead and enjoy the sheer thrill of the mjd. The engine will give symptoms if it needs attention. Forget what happens at the back. Look ahead and crunch the miles. These engines are hardy stuff and dont give up so easily and are designed to self correct.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.