1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Black Punto - Is the color tough to Maintain?

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I agree this is the most under rated and a classic color. I was in Europe recently and that is where I spotted the color to begin with. A lot of hatchbacks to ultra premium coupes were seen in this color in Spain as well as France. I noticed that the Europeans preferred milder colors. All the whites were Skoda Octavia taxis and I am prejudiced against white as even in India our famous Indicas are all white. I just can dis associate white from a taxi. But I'm sure its just me.

I will go to multiple showrooms this weekend to ensure that I see a Punto in flesh in Black, FTA, Oceanic Blue and T Wine. Others I have seen on road.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    yeh thats better! Even if you check out official sites for LINEA in rest of the country, most of them have FOX Trote & Flemenco Red on their pamplets, Which looks ubercool classic color.

Rather than checking out colors of car on color plates available in showrooms its better to check em out on car. That gives more clear views.
    Just before making final choice make sure that you are thinking from aspects of mods too. If you are not mod friendly guy, you can pick any of classic shade.
    Cheers!
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    If you need something exotic .... Exotica Red is the one for you.
  4. Black in any car is tough to maintain. Other colours, you wont notice the dust on your car even after 2 days of not dusting but on a black car, if you see after an hour or so you can see the dust very clearly.. only good thing is that "tar" wont be noticeable.
    1 person likes this.
  5. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    I think Bossa Nova White looks the best on the Punto. HHB and FTA look the least impressive on the Punto, of course looks are subjective.
    Even I am in a similar situation as you are.
    After many discussion with the SA and wifey dearest I'm settling in on Tuscon Wine. Expecting the car the next weekend.

All the best to you.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Hiren - TW does look very good indeed. I saw black and though the alloys and the chrome go very well on the 90HP with the HH Black, it does not do justice to the car. It's a sporty hatch in the same league as a VW Beatle and looks best in bright colors like Red, Blue, T Wine etc.

I am going with the Oceanic Blue as Blue is anyway my favorite color.
  7. Yes even i believe that t wine is a much better looker than black. White is great, but Wine stands out. If you want to drive a great car, get BNW. If you want to drive a great car and drop a style statement, drive a Tuscan Wine. Of course, you get a bit too much attention, gotta live with it!
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I somehow feel the BNW is a little yellowish and it just reminds me of our local taxi cabs.
    As for the T Wine, I kinda looked it in the showroom but it looks very different on the road. Then I saw a lot of alto cars in that color and just dropped it.

Just make sure that you see the color outdoors in good light before you finalize it.
  9. no, no friend relativity, its not the maruti color. but u'll need to keep ur TW well washed to retain its sheen.
  10. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Oceanic Blue is a good color but have not seen one in metal. BTW where are you from? Here in Bombay its difficult to get hold of it.