1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Black Punto - Is the color tough to Maintain?

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Jan 27, 2012.

1. +1 to that Anoop.. same with me.. all black vehicles till now.. :)
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    all dark colors are difficult to maintain. you have to ensure proper washing and polishing tips. swirl marks take a galore on dark colors and if you see these cars from near distances you find lot of faults on the paints, especially under white tubelights in the night.

but these dark colors looks elegant when viewed from a distance.

i own a tuscan wine linea and she looks very beautiful from a distance, but i polish her atleast once a month , keep her clean and have spent a lot on car-care products. but still the swirl marks cannot be avoided.

Tuscan wine on punto doesnt look good at all. somehow the good looks of punto are spoiled, the details are hidden. white, black, red, blue are best ones to go for.

TW looks good on linea emotion pk as its studded with beautiful chrome all over.
    3 people like this.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

Though I agree with you that BNW and HHB are two best colors on punto, if my wifi saw this and saw you, she will have something to tell ;)
    3 people like this.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Anoop hope my wife can accompany your wife for this :boxer. I was attracted by the exotica red punto which came for TD . But had to settle down for TW. :car . Medium shades would be the easiest to maintain. But my personal opinion is let it be any color, the better you maintain, the better will be the looks . Color preference varies from individual to individual.
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Relativity, if i were their at your place & thinking of mods in future, i'll go for BNW or Exotica Red.
    But if you are going to keep your punto as it is i.e. Stock then go for FTA.

Yep i own it & let me tell you this color is really classic one! All your curves & sharp lines will be noticed by you everyday! Each angle gives different shade of FTA. Also it is very easy to maintain.

Only problem is, if you are planing out some mods on it, she cant take it that well.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Red and white also are metallic, they too have clear coat over the paint.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sat clear coats are done over all the paints regardless of being metallic or non metallic. Clear coat finishes (also referred to as two-stage paint systems) are simply a layer of clear resin applied over the top of colored resin. (Source:- Click here ) .
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    metallics are those colors which have metallic lustre in them. White, red, black are basic colors , where-as silver, sub beam beige etc which shine or have lustre are metallic. generally they are those aluminum or other metal sort of flakes in paint which reflect lot of light and shine.
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    +1 to you italiya. I kept wondering how white, red, black could be metallic paint?

BTW what about FTA, Brozo Scuro?? I believe these are too metallic. As small metal flakes kinda things appears in em.

I haven't seenOceanic blue, but if its metallic then it'll look more sparkling. Same one Corrola used to have in old days.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Oceanic Blue is also metallic. The Linea, more than the Punto looks super gorgeous in OB.

I believe the now discontinued Perla Champagne color (ivory white kind) was also metallic.

Cheers.