1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Black Punto - Is the color tough to Maintain?

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I like both Black and FTA but unable to decide. I have seen the FTA once in Chennai but have never seen a single Black Punto.
    I think 90% are red here, at work, in my apartment, everywhere. Did see a few whites.

1. My question is, is it really difficult to maintain a black car?
    2. Is the Punto black metallic or non-metallic?
    3. How does it age? I have seen the Whites and it looks faded with age.
    4. I know colour is a personal choice, but what do you think about the FTA? Just post your thoughts.
    5. I have seen the poll on color already :p
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Comparatively yes, but also it looks best if maintained properly, have a look at this thread http://www.teamfiat.co.in/do-yourself/53-diy-car-care-detailing-thread.html
    Metallic. Only Red and White are non-metallic.
    Again, depend on maintenance.
    You know Poll thread, then you can guess the members choice.:D
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I have a black active and you are right about it being difficult to maintain. same goes with tuscan wine which is also a dark colour.

Problem is even very small amount of dust becomes visible on dark colours so they require more frequent cleaning.

But when it shines then theres nothing like it!!

Now on your questions:
    1. Yes it requires more frequent cleaning and thats it.
    2. Not sure about that but its Hip Hop Black!! ;):cool
    3. My punto still shines like new when clean. Don't agree with your opinion about whites. they look gorgeous always.
    4. FTA is an elegant colour.
    5. If you don't have any plans of doing any modifications on Abarth lines then you can go with any color. All are good.
    If you have, then better go with BNWhite or HHBlack
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Did anybody get delivery of the Oceanic Blue yet? If so, please post some pics. The color confusion does not seem to end.
    Also, in most other cars; silver is the most common color. However, I have never seen a silver Punto or a Linea. it is very strange if you think about it.
  5. i have not seen punto with oceanic blue color but linea with oceanic blue color rocks!!!!

really it looks fabulous
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Oceanic blue is available in Concorde, I've seen it person and wouldn't recommend it on the Punto, it looks gorgeous on Linea.

Don't pick the Silver as it doesn't bring out the curves. I own a Silver one myself, get something exotic.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Teky - That just leaves the red and T Wine as the Exotic options, innit?
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For me, Punto looks gorgeous on BNW and Exotica Red. And then followed by Medium Grey.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    My vote for T. Wine or Medium grey, both kind of change colour at the time of the day you look at them. Medium grey would be easier to maintain as well.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

Black is difficult to maintain, but if you take care, there is no other color which gives you the satisfaction of a well maintained black color car. We have always had black color cars and bikes in our family (the running joke about my family among our relatives is that - we always think what new black 'car\bike' to buy :p )
    White looks faded in long run only because people do not take proper care of White color.
    Personally, I think Punto looks best in HHB and BNW, though I own a TW Punto.

FTA - well, i am not really a big fan of it. Personally, i rank it at the bottom with Silver.