1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Black Dense Smoke - Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Technical' started by thinkagain, Apr 28, 2014.

1. jayant

jayant Timido

chandigarh
    Linea 1.3
    Hi everyone,
    I am Jayant from mohali. Big time Fiat fan. Very recently facing the prob with my 1.3 mjd emotion pack of black smoke emission.
    This all started when I got the injectors recalibrated at Bosch authorised service centre. However pickup mileage and overall performance of car has improved. Please help out regarding this matter.

Thanks
    Jayant
  2. ishtiaq yousuf

ishtiaq yousuf Timido

srinagar, jammu and kashmir
    Grande Punto 1.3

@ Thinkagain :-- Did you got the issue resolved as I am facing the same issue on my Fiat Grande Punto MJD 1.3, help and suggestion in this regard would be highly appreciated.
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    getting your EGR cleaned and intake manifold cleared will rid u of mosk of the black smoke issue. also have a look at the vane actuator functioning of your turbo. if it is stuck/ cutting in at a delayed rpm, then also smoke is likely to come.
  4. ishtiaq yousuf

ishtiaq yousuf Timido

srinagar, jammu and kashmir
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @

@ Harry!!! Thankyou for the valuable suggestion. Let me get the EGR cleaned and turbo assessed. Will get back to you once done with this. Besides black smoke my car has become very low on pickup as well.
  5. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Lols like clogged intake manifold, egr and turbo .. Hope for the best.