1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Biking in the Himalayas

Discussion in 'Photography' started by deba, Jan 25, 2013.

1. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    These photos were taken on November last year. The district medical officer's office were conducting a far reach medical camp, and a medical team was formed for the same. While my collegues and other support and nursing staff were coming by the ambulance and other vehicles provided, i decided to leave a day early on my Pulsar 180. Biking has its own fun:cool:.

DSC02229.JPG
    DSC02230.jpg
    DSC02236.jpg
    DSC02237.jpg
    DSC02244.JPG
    DSC02269.jpg
    DSC02280.JPG
    DSC02405.jpg
    DSC02411.JPG
    DSC02418.JPG
    DSC02428.JPG
    DSC02430.jpg
    DSC02433.jpg
    DSC02437.JPG
    DSC02439.jpg
    DSC02442.jpg
    DSC02453.JPG
    DSC02457.JPG
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    13 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Mind telling which place in himalayas and further details. Also please add more pics if you got. The whole terrain looks awesome and i jst love in mother nature :)

However, how pulsar coped up with this terrain. I am surprised actually, usually Bullets are the best.
    1 person likes this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Nope....
    Bullets are the worst actually... contrary to what everyone things in a terrain like that you need mountain bikes, which are lean and have off road tyres...
    I'm actually very surprised about the way this bullet and himalayan treks became famous...
    If a bullet falls you almost need a truck to lift it up again.. while mountain bikes are just suited for the job....
    2 people like this.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Gr8 pictures Deba.... :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Deb, surely biking has a different world fun :)

I really likes the 3rd picture with the pulsar and the path ahead.
    1 person likes this.
  6. deba

deba Amatore

itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its the East Siang district in Arunachal Pradesh (The brahmaputra river in Arunachal is called Siang). I tell you this the Pulsar 180 did really really well. It has a lower center of gravity and wide rear tyres which offers better control and balance and good grip and a decently powerful engine, i had no problems at all. I feel bullets are best suited for cruising in good roads and will be too heavy to contol in such terrain where you never know where the next skid is. Pulsar is not a dirt bike as such but more suited then a bullet for such terrains,, experiance:cool:.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  7. deba

deba Amatore

itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    And the animal in the 3rd last picture is called a mithun, a kind of wild buffalo. As you can also see in the pics the roads are being widened as part of a intra state 2 lane highway project. Given the speed of govt project implementations in our country i feel maybe' my kids may have the pleasure to drive on those 2 lane pukka roads someday.
    1 person likes this.
  8. swiftnfurious

swiftnfurious Timido

Kerala
    You got some guts to click on the Bison. How far were you? Looks quite close - was it zoomed?
  9. deba

deba Amatore

itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was maybe around 10 meters away.. they are strong but gentle creatures more afraid of humans then we are of them, but then you never know when they will get aggressive.