1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Biker rammed from behind, rear bumper got damage

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by himanshu4886, Sep 21, 2014.

1. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys, had a bad evening yesterday. I was moving on a slow road an due to traffic, had to stop multiple times. Then too from rear a biker rammed into linea and result in a dent.

Please need help how to bring it back to normal. Should I go to FASS or some local guy. Any good shop other FASS in Ahmedabad.

Is there any way out for dent removal without color work?

Thanks.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3ad10692dc8b788500ef140a9690dcec.jpg

4.jpg

e8d53d6917fc70016732a8b2a76122be.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems minor damage and local garage should be able to fix it.
    You can try from FASC as well first and see if they can do without charging much,
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Dent removal without colour is possible, but while removing dent sometimes colour can peel off. They use heat guns or blow torches to try straighten out plastic bumpers. Fortunately it is at a place where a difference in colour touch-up job (if needed) will not be too noticeable. Do surely post after pics of repair.
  4. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry to here that your loved one got hit.

If you go to FASS they will defiantly say. Needs to paint complete bumper hence cost would be any thing between 5000 to 6000.

I would recommended please go to some near by FNG would cost 2K to 3K.

If insurance claim is not an issues that FASS would be better option. While doing this please consider NCB for next year
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    NCB difference for Bharati Axa is about 4-5k as I just found out after processing 1-2 small claims like perhaps the bumper too.

EDIT: what I mean is this small damage is best repaired from some other garage out of pocket instead of claiming Insurance. However, if one chooses to best not to loose time as companies will try to reject claim as old damage and some other technicalities.
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Since it is only the bumper which is plastic it can easily be fixed and you are lucky it is not some metal part. You could try with the FASS first and insist that only that section has to be fixed otherwise they will quote big figures. Or you can try a local garage which would be much cheaper.

I don't see any paint damage or chipping, all the scratches can easily be removed by rub in polish and so there is no need to repaint the section. Or worse case just paint that damaged section.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Check with FASC first for estimates. That chrome strip got broken and it'll be very difficult to fix it. May be you'll have to do some jugaad of fixing it with FeviBond or Araldite and then tighten it with masking tape since it's on a curve. BTW, Chrome strip is expensive, it was 2.5K 2-3 years back

If the car is new, its just beginning of the 1st year of insurance, you might find it useful to get it done in Insurance letting NCB go. The benefit is you'll get back a "New" car and not a car repaired with some jugaad.
    himanshu4886 likes this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    That's bad,, but the good thing is , damage isn't much, and as the color is white, people outside fass will also do equally good job.

Regarding the strip , it costs ₹1100 including tax in Pune. It will be more or less same in other areas.
  9. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks all above for the concern. It was sunday yesterday and I am going out of state for 2 -3 days. I will get the quotes both from FASS and outside.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3