1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bike Guru Dilip Bam

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Oct 25, 2011.

1. I grew up reading bike reviews of Dilip Bam, he has funny bone which the reader can sense.

http://www.dilipbam.com/Home.aspx

extract from his site

Always wear a helmet, especially in rains. It not only keeps your hair dry, it also protects your numbskull on which your precious hair is growing. Remember, no numbskull, no hair. Skull is primary. Hair is secondary. You decide. SAE has found that there are 77% more accidents in rainy season than in summer, and also 43% more fatalities in rains. Also ensure that you have both rear view mirrors. They may LuuK like donkey’s EARs, but they are life savers. Remember, Donkeys live much longer than Racehorses! "

Other one was
    As to looks, I make no comment: To each his own. Once you switch off the lights and it is totally dark, looks don’t matter, only performance and ‘feel’ matter. In total darkness Bipasha and Priyanka are visually identical, but different in their feel and performance. And I can only feel, not see, because I am blind.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    his statements and narrations are also very good. " A tortoise lives for 100 years, but chetah lives for 13 years" - to make a bike fast or not !!

Spendor is a donkey bike to carry people from point 1 to point 2 - lol

his forum was bikeguru.com earlier.
  3. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Dilip Bam is indeed an interesting personality!
    He in fact used to visit my college campus in Pune during my MBA days!

He made sure we had a great time with his quotes! He was our favourite !

4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great writing style this guy has. But i agreed to disagree with him on the point of flushing in his page on "engine oil change", and left a comment. Let's see what his reply will be.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    are you speaking about his recommendations to flush with diesel :)
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes, and more specifically running the engine with only diesel in the crankcase.

I can't even fathom to think doing something like that. ::pP:helmet

Imagine metal sliding against metal with nothing but diesel providing some sort of lubrication. And with today's ultra low sulfur diesel, lubrication provided by diesel is also unlike before.

It may seem that "O nothing happens in 20 seconds". But a few microns of metal (1 micron = .001mm) lost means you've just lost couple of thousand kilometres from your engine life easily in those 20 seconds!

Cheers.
  7. Well diesel is oil:) challenging Gurjinder is like mUoth ko iNvItatation dEna kA barAbar.
    P.S: I too got iNspired by Dilip Bam
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    He's a funny guy.I read one of his answers in which he was comparing a bra with a bike :-D In the sense he was like "there's nuthin new in the new passion just new stickering for attraction like how different women wear different bra sizes for attractivity" lolzz i was LMAO :lol
  9. Bhushan Pawar

Bhushan Pawar Timido

Ranjangoan 412210
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Most of us would know it by now. Mr. Dilip Bam passed away on 13th Oct-16. He was 69. It's impossible to find Auto journalist of his type now. RIP. Got to read fantastic article about him. http://riderzone.in/the-story-legend-dilip-bam/
    Worth reading.