1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Big Mistake - TD a Fiat Linea Tjet+

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by FFF, Jun 16, 2012.

1. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats FFF on buying JET. Sure you will not think of driving any other cars other than FIAT from now on. :)
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    That's the correct way to identify your car. I'm glad you let facts do the talking than people's perception of the A.S.S/spares/reputation/lack of enough hoardings/ads in the city etc.

I did a back to back TD of ANHC, Verna, Vento and Tjet. The first 3 cars made me realize how Indian consumers are being robbed in broad daylight. But I guess they deserve it. Most people buy cars without adequate research and many without even a test drive.

So Concorde is your dealer? Is Sunil Kale the guy you're interacting with?
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    You are correct they are looting indian. For many indian city is the bench mark for features. For example I heard from people commending about new i20 that it has even all the features of city. I told them that city is not a car that is loaded with full features. But who will believe. It took me half an hour to explain my very close relative to educate how Tjet is superior over city in terms of features. People believe that rain sensing wipers and auto headlights are features introduced by i20. Because they are hearing about it now days because of heavy ad campaign of Hyundai. Even with years of existence Linea and Punto is an iceberg in Indian market. People know only 30% of it. My relative doesn't know that Tjet has all disc brakes. In my limited time I educated as much I can. What people know is the few niggles that they heard from their friends. For example his colleagues punto had to run without AC for 10 days since the compressor has gone within weeks of ownership and TASS had not able to fix it in time.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  4. FFF

FFF

I am dealing with multiple dealers at this time (trying to get a good deal ;)):

1. Concorde - Dev

2. Wasan - Aniket

3. Galaxy - Satish

4. Fortune - Can't really recollect this chap's name have it written somewhere!

How was your experience with Concorde? Are they any good? Also any idea about the other dealers?
  5. s_mehta

s_mehta

hi, what deal did you get ? if not concluded, what are they offering ? i'm thinking of getting anti-rust coating (3.8k) + parking sensors (4k odd) as accessories. Who are you dealing with @ Concorde ?
  6. thyagu2_2006

thyagu2_2006

Chennai
    Good choice FFF. Once you drive a FIAT it is hard to go for other brands. My respect for FIAT grows every time I drive other brands.
  7. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Congratulations and welcome to the Fiat Family! Excellent Choice!
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Concorde is not the best, but comes a close second. I have heard Fortune is the best. But then Concorde provided me the latest TJet (May 31, 2011 mfd) whereas another TFI member who bought from Fortune could manage only March/Apr 2011. So I went with Concorde.
  9. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    I would go with Concorde, have not had a good word about Fortune, if you google Fortune Motors you will get a list of complaints, and yes congratulations a welcome to the FIAT family, once you have driven a FIAT you will never want to try any other car, and yes it is a very beautiful car to have as the name says Linea meaning The Line , I would say and I think everyone else will agree It is a LINE of distinction between your FIAT and every other CAR on the road.

ADMIRATION GUARANTEED
  10. r2d2

r2d2

My story almost had a twist too :). For me it was always a diesel (driven 12000 kms in 4 months), tried ANHV, New Fiesta, Vento, Punto 75 HP and Linea (2012). Decided it was going to be either the 90HP Punto MJD or the Linea MjD. Was sitting a TATA dealership and test drove the Tjet+. To keep the story short, I had a hard time letting go the driver's seat for a friend who was also taking the test drive. Later, he did not want to let me drive. We fell in love with the TJet.

Given the number of miles I crunch, it had to be a diesel, I got the MJD. I just hope FIAT gives the diesel Linea a larger heart. Welcome to the exclusive club of happy owners of the most beautiful car this side of 20L.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    2 people like this.