1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Big Mistake - TD a Fiat Linea Tjet+

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by FFF, Jun 16, 2012.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

go for the Jet - I own a TJET and believe me....my 15 k service was back in August 2011 and since then, I have not spen a single rupee on JET other than the fuel. !!
    3 people like this.
  2. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Spares are not an issue unless any major problem with engine itself...I just got my first service done. and saw everything done in front of me.
  3. carwatcher

All things being equal, I must say that you should go for T-Jet+ ONLY if you have alternate car for the time gap in case your T-Jet is affected by rats as it will be a while before the spare part arrives.
    This is the only negative or risk involved compared to most of other cars.
    Honda City or any other car which you will buy will run the equal risk from rats but how soon the car is back on its feet is important question. After all we all buy cars to assist us and not the other way round.
    As regards companionship etc., I must admit I am deeply in love with my BNW T-Jet+.:) Its really not a normal car but much much more than that. I hope you connect with your car that much.
    I bought mine in Feb 12 and is April 2011 manufactured one.
  4. Satyajit

Aha, another one bites the dust! (or is in the process of ...)

Don't we all have similar stories to tell? About how we were considering other cars until we test drove the T-Jet. I still remember that day and the funny smile I had on my face all day.

Well, cutting to the present (about 8 months of ownership), I feel a sadistic pleasure watching others in their cities or dezires or manzas or vernas or what not. I'm sure many other T-Jetians do too :)... Also, somehow I feel if it's a sedan, it has to be European. Clean lines and classy finishes, comfortable and plush interiors.

Do a thorough PDI (PDI checklist available on TFI here) and go for it. Feature for feature, it wins over any other sedan in this class. You won't be able to drive with a light foot even if you tried.
    1 person likes this.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Well as a TJet owner, I could certainly tell you that Hondas & VWs can't even hold a candle to it. If you are self driving, its the best car.

As already pointed out, all the cars in India have niggling & spare parts issues. Resale of all petrol cars would be less, not only for TJet.

So go for your heart & keep your head aside.;)
  6. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI.
    You have indeed done the mistake of test driving the TJet. This is a fantastic car if you are too concerned about the petrol prices.
    I feel driving this beautiful car is an addiction which is very hard to resist. Secondly you will never get a turbo charged petrol car at this price.

Spares are cheap and with multiple dealers in Mumbai, availability of spares should not be a big problem.
    Listen to your heart, and you will never repent.
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI, and I am sure you will go by your heart and seal the deal for T-Jet+. Once, TDed it is very difficult to go away from FIAT. That is it. Keep us updated about the buying process.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  8. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

Linea 1.4
    [/COLOR]Welcome to TFI.
    We own T -JET+ FTA of MAY 2011 make from March 29th 2012..
    Completed a running of 2300km so far do a through PDI.It is absolute Nirvana..after 1000km of run.
    It gives me FE of 15 KMPL on highway to Shirdi and 12 KMPL in city...after 1000km run in.Before that it is close to 9.5 and 10.5 KMPL.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

FFF, Most of us have similar stories to tell. My father told me "not to waste money on exotic stuff and stick to ANHC". And he couldn't help praise the car when he came down and I drove him around.
    I think you should go ahead with the TJet+. I haven't faced a spares issue yet though have heard a bit about it.
    I have never been a fan of any car company, but in many ways Fiat is forcing me to become a fan. :)
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mate, like everyone has already stated, this is a no-brainer.

The only reason for not considering TJet and going for alternate metal-boxes-on-four-wheels maybe resale value. But then again, would you ever want to part with a Fiat? That too a TJet?

If it helps to solve your dilemma, may I direct you to my ownership thread -> http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-4...omes-home-story-my-fiat-linea-t-jet-plus.html

You might get answers to most questions. Showing the thread to your folks will most likely get you their approval too.