1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bewildered by Fiat ! Help me choose right one for me 90 or 75 HP - Booked 90HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by KPR, Sep 7, 2015.

1. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    What about resale value of 90 HP and 75 HP may be down the lane after 5 years?
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Is it not too early to think about the resale value since you have not even bought the car. But yes Fiat cars are not known for resale value or to put in other words people do not realize the true value of a Fiat car.

If you are really worried about resale value, better shift your loyalties to either Maruti or Hyundai or Honda or Toyota.
  3. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi KPR, just my cents
    * resale value for Fiat cars is better in south relatively
    * if you check % depreciation in resale value from invoice, the figure varies between 5-7% based on location.(% increases in non metro location)
    * time frame between face-lift across fiat cars are very high and probably customer may come across one face lift in 5-6 years time (this is based on my past experience) whereas in same duration, competition will do a minimum of two face-lift or a complete new model launch which will give a negative psychological impact for existing owners

All the above are purely my opinion only and not based on any data point.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    In general Fiat cars dont have a great resale value. But most of the fiat owners dont wanna let go of their beauties as well, even after 5 years as Fiats age very nicely.

IMO, your focus should be more towards enjoying the beauty day after day, rather than thinking of resale.

If your question was in relative terms (75 HP and 90 HP), then 90 HP would command a slightly better value. Also, a lot depends on the condition of the vehicle. If maintained well, and sold to a Fiat enthusiast then you can get a good deal. But, its too early to even think on these lines!!
    ghodlur and drknaresh like this.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all, Once again going to test drive 90 HP and 75 HP.Although I decided on emotion 75 HP, was thinking over and again about sports model and I shouldn't feel on a later date that I have lost oppurtunity in buying a 90 HP.
  6. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You will not regret buying 93 over 75. I am using since 4 years and still love to drive irrespective of city or in NH. Your grin will be permanent if you choose to map in later stages.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @KPR

If it's the 90 hp that's still a tempter/temptress: go on an AVVENTURA, instead! Else, the 75 hp should do fine for you, from what you've stated. You are sure, btw, you don't want to wait another few weeks for the t-jet Abarth Punto? It's fuel efficiency should easily be 11-12 km/l in city, ac on, on average, at a minimum (other than when the hologan-within's unleashed occassionaly on weekends or early mornings)?

in any case: you'll love the Fiat you get!

cheers
  8. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Saw a Red 90hp in flesh. Did a back to back drive of both 75 and 90 in the same mix of traffic and highway. Impressed with 90 hp and its engine pull esp in highways. How can I ignore this raging red bull? It has to be a red. Looking out for auspicious day to book.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Now we are talking. Hope that day is very near. Mind telling what impressed you the most in the 90HP. Its indeed a raging bull and all you need is an open stretch for the bull power to be released. Waiting to hear the good news, its almost 60 posts and 6 pages man. Just do it.
  10. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have been using 90hp for past 9 months and definitely you will love it the easy with whic it reaches 100+. Highways it's a real beauty. I have set my speed limit 120 but in highways most of the time I am hearing the warning, it is that easy. In city you can drive very relaxed way (I.e. Even in 20 you can drive in 3rd gear and once you used to the traffic it is such sheer joy in city. The clutch is especially very soft,so even in heavy traffic your leg will never hurt. Even I reached 180 but in other cars definitely a scary thing to try(but 'think' before drive always).

If you don't want to compete any body in city signal then definitely 90hp is a winner (wait for punto abarth if you love that).