1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bewildered by Fiat ! Help me choose right one for me 90 or 75 HP - Booked 90HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by KPR, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    But I guess that turbo kick was present only in the earlier swifts. Now maruti has made the turbo linear in the swift in order to counter the turbo lag (that the older swift had in plenty) and lower FE.
    prabhjot and KPR like this.
  2. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    That's right. Fiat engine in Swift is a true gem but the build quality of the car is not confidence inspiring.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 7, 2015 ---
    Turbo lag was prominent in old swift and old dzire. Turbo kick is something different is present in new swift if I'm not wrong.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The turbo lag was there because of the turbo kick (It was like 'silence before the storm'), which isnt present in the new gen Swift/Dzire. Now the turbo is linear like the Punto, so there is no turbo kick, but it has resulted in enhanced driveability.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @KPR
    As this wil be your second car,why dont you upgrade for Sedan class,get an 90 hp engine in the form of Linea/Ciaz ?
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The car is going to be used in small narrow streets of Trichy. We are so much pampered that even a short drive we go in a car. That easy in and out is good in a hatchback rather than a sedan. I don't feel the urge to go to next class.Swift has very poor boot space but we could overcome this by proper luggage management.
    Ganges likes this.
  6. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I am driving 90 hp from the last 6 months ,the difference in power is much evident,but I think in both the cars turbo comes into play beyond 1.8 rpm,and difference in both the cars is mileage,90 hp gives 16kmpl on highway with full ac on and 15kmpl in city full ac on,but in 75 hp people are getting 18kmpl easily.
  7. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Today we did 75 HP test drive. The driveability at low speeds is good compared to 90HP and avvy. It was good at low speed. We are planning for 75 HP only. Can anyone list me expected service cost for Punto 75 HP in 15000,30000,45000,60000 & 75000 kms?
    Anand Shankar likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    For 15k, 30K the cost should be around 8K. For 45K and 60K it should be around 18K. Dont know about the 75K service cost, maybe people who have done it can confirm.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ghodlur
    The cost you mentioned is on high side, though my last regular service was done at 60K Kms with FASS ,since then doing it on my own.
    15 and 30K Kms when i done was at maximum 5500INR and 60K Kms was near about 9K INR.
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I understand that the service cost for 15K & 30K is 8000 each and for 45K and 60K is 18K each. Am i right? Also can anyone explain about timechain work? is it in 60K service?