1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Better late than never!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by arpenkar, Apr 12, 2011.

1. arpenkar

arpenkar

Thane
    A big HI to all the great FIAT enthusiasts onboard!!

A li'l bit about me...32 year old SW professional who is mostly out of the country :(

My dad always wanted to buy a car near his retirement, but instead ended up spending his savings on my education. Well 2010 was the year when i finally got down to completing his dream of all these years....

And so the search began...without any specific parameters...approx in Aug. 2010. Team-BHP, carwale etc. became my go-to pages on a daily basis. Hours after hours, I poured through the pros and cons of owning this model or that....and then it was just an image...I saw her...The all beautiful Linea...

The first expression...wow...it had all the great looks all around...admiration guaranteed indeed. Some debate and convincing the wife later...I knew it had to be this.

Was down in Thane for the Christmas holidays and with barely 20-25 days at my disposal, went through the whole cycle of ordering the Foxtrot Azure 1.4 FIRE Linea.

It was very tough call to make. The sparkling new T-Jet all of 2 months old was enticing me from the other bay....but 2L+ for that extra power which probably wouldnt be used dint break economic ground.

Took delivery on 14th Jan 2011 from Fortune Motors in Thane. Overall experience with them is average. My father tells me Galaxy Motors in Mulund, Mumbai though are a class apart and have been giving him prompt service!

Completed just over 1000km in 3 months now and still feels great hearing to him on the phone!!

Am really happy for all the T-Jetians here and thrilled to read your updates/photos etc.

PS: I dont have the photos on me yet, but will do the needful soon.

Am really grateful for this site, because the outside world is a tad-Fiat unfirendly, so to find a cult community and grow with it is a fantastic experience. Keep it growing!

Ameya
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  2. Hi Ameya, congrats on your Linea and welcome to TFI
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay congratulations for new car. Fox Traut Azure color on Linea looks amazing. Welcome to Team FIAT India.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Whole hearted welcome to you and your cute Linea, arpenkar. Happy and safe driving.
  5. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Congrats and Welcome to TFI.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    welcome Ameya to TFI, you will have a wonderful time here, The more you be with TFI the more you will be addicted (LIKE ME) as the Fiat cars the more you drive the more you like it.
  7. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Congrats on your decision and welcome to the club....
  8. arpenkar

arpenkar

Thane
    Thanks for the wishes!

Thanks all for the warm wishes.

Having settled some accounts, I feel its time for me to indulge in some lavish splurgings for my baby.

Am now looking for advice on seats. Any recommendations in the Mumbai/Thane area?

I dont mind spending upto 40-45K and am simply fascinated by the idea of real genuine leather. Any thoughts anyone?
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Well Ameya spending 40 - 45 K on leather Seats is too much buddy, dont misunderstand me.
    I have put the Leather seats to my Punto for 8.5K from vashi, Sector -17, where all the car accessories shops are located near to Golden Punjab Hotel,
    There you can get all the taste of Leather seats starting from 6 k to 20 K.
    when will you be visiting Home?, i am also in Kuwait coming down in July for 2 months.
  10. arpenkar

arpenkar

Thane
    Hi Tony,

Well i dint say I WANT to spend 40-45K. I said...i dont MIND...if I am getting a good value for money deal...so be it.

Could you give me more details on what you got for 8.5K? As in material/manufacturer etc. details?
    How about the worksmanship? Are you happy with the installation? If poss, could you share pictures?

Am currently in the US, and just arrived, so I dont really know when I will get down to Mumbai! But the more time i spend on TFI, the more I am itching to get down behind the wheels of my baby!! Alas, I have little choice but to be patient for now :rolleyes: