1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Better late than never. My Medium Grey MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by soccerfan, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you please tell in detail, how to check the battery water level? I have never checked that yet.
  2. The guys at the service centre had broke the plastic panel on the C-Pillar on LHS during the 2nd free service. At first, they didn't accept their fault and they insisted us to pay for the same.

After complaining to Magesh Kodalkar, they replaced the panel free of cost. :D
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Oops ::D . there are 5 caps with + sign on the battery. you can open it using a screwdriver and add distilled water. i added water till it was upto the bottom of the cap
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Just got an update from the SA that the plastic was replaced and he said one of the nuts on the suspension mount on right side was loose and they have tightened it. hope the issue is solved now. Also he said the brake pads will last for some more time :mrgreen:
    Will be taking the delivery of the car tomorrow
  5. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Never open the plastic screws with a screw driver.. it damages the slots..
    Use a 1 rupee coin ::T
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Ok, got the car back. the plastic in the c-pillar was replaced. the front door stopper is defective. They have ordered for the part.
    Brake pads will last atleast till 30k kms SA said. The sound from right front suspension is still present. I will drive 1-2 other Puntos and see if this sound is there in those cars also.
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Had ordered Jopasu duster through e-bay. Received it today and tested immediately. Results are amazing. Took only 3 mins to clean the whole car ::D . very easy to keep the car clean :mrgreen:
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Just got under my Punto today to see the engine guard and it was bent at 1-2 places from last weeks trip to nelliyampathy and was touching the engine. Had to reach the resort through some terrible roads and the car scrapped 3-4 times. With an 18-19 spanner and with some force I was able to bring it back to original shape almost ::pP

Also cleaned the air filter today. It was all too dirty. Dusted and washed in running tap water and dried it up. Also there is some tick,tick sound coming from near the clutch slave cylinder as you push the clutch pedal down. Didn't have a WD 40 to spray there. Might go away with 1-2 shots of WD 40.

Have been following up with the SA for the door stopper. When i called him yesterday, he checked with the spares manager and he was saying will be ordering it today. These asses really spoils the FIAT experience. FIAT really should start their own ASC and be quick with the spares :A

Drove my friends MJD E-pack which has done 55K kms ::OO . other than 1- 2 rattles there is no issue with the car. He has replaced only the CSC till now. that too was per his request, not on a failure :clap
  9. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Washed air filter with water ???!!!!???

Is this the correct way to clean the filter ????
    I think it should be only vacuum cleaned [pressurised air] ...

Dlp_dmk
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    dusted off first and since its a paper filter, washed it to make it clean. had read somewhere that paper filters can be cleaned in running water. I had done this earlier also. havent noted any issues. just makes sure that its dried properly before putting back :wink: