1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Better late than never. My Medium Grey MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by soccerfan, Oct 29, 2010.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Same thoughts here redtux. Most of us have had suspension components replaced under warranty. Is the comfort a reason for this? Many of us tends to take the bumps and potholes faster than other cars do as Punto is a comfier car to drive through potholes :confused
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You said it !! I have raised this before in another thread, unlike other cars we rarely slow down at the potholes since we rarely feel its huge enough, at high speeds especially.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I agree. The suspension elements of Punto is destined to take more severe abuse than that of other cars and so the short life. Another car subjected to the same treatment would definitely shock :shocked the owner with an expensive maintenance bill.
  4. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    Ehh! I dont get it. :-| If it can take much more abuse then it should not fail so fast! Are you trying to tell that suspension is sacrificing its life for our comfort? I think its just psychological on our part! Anything to support your views? Any other comfortable cars have this problem? :confused

So basically you are saying these problems can repeat. ::OO Since the road condition is not going to improve, once the warranty expires we will also have to pay regularly for maintaing suspension.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Well what I meant is that we abuse the Fiat several times more than than we would do another make, because, the other car would protest loudly if we drive them at the speeds we drive our Fiats on bad roads, and if we persist, the other car might react by going out of control or immediate failure of suspension parts.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    @SoccerFan: Buddy i just loved your alloys and planning to have them on my punto... I have completed 18500 and planning to change the Stock tyres around 20000 kms... Enough of JK Tornado torture for me... the road noise is too much... I checked the sai mag wheels website and could not find the same model there...
    Could you please help me with the model No. and you mentioned that it costed 15.5K for you, was it for 4 or 5 alloys...

Did you ordered the Alloys from Sai Mag Wheels directly or got them at the local alloys shop...

I also drive the Medium grey colour....

For the scratches that you mentioned on the front bumper.. you can try com-paint for that and it works fine if done nicely... even i have ordered a kit for medium grey and planning to do the touch-up coming weekend on the front bumper....
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    It might be out ot stock at this time. I bought from the dealer here. Cost was for 4 alloys + balancing,alignment,nitrogen. forgot the model no though :A

I am planning to try the com paint on bumper pretty soon ::D
  8. shashanknathani

Pune
    thanks buddy.... I have already started the search in hyderabad
  9. @Shashank I've seen a shop selling nice alloys in Jubilee hills near Monster.com office. I think it's Carz check it out.
  10. shashanknathani

Pune
    Thanks Atul.... Planning to go this weekend...