1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Better late than never. My Medium Grey MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by soccerfan, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That looks like a record!
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    he he. I tend to use brakes sparely and uses engine braking and generally drives smooth :)

The sound from front suspension has not been rectified by Concorde :(. Have shot a mail to Fiat. DOnt know why these guys cant fix an issue first time
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    My Punto is 2 year old now. ODO at 37700 kms . Gave her a good bday treat today by replacing the engine oil (Mobil Delvac1) and oil filter
    Also repaired a puncture in rear tyre which was due to a nail. Have used up the 5Ltr Delvac1 that I bought in April. Hope they will soon release it in 1 ltr packs so that I can buy one for top up.

Have ordered Mothers clay bar which is currently in transit. This week I will give her a nice wash+ claying + wax :D
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Last weekend was spend washing, claying and waxing my Punto. Was shocked to see the amount of dirt when using clay bar :O
    Also I think I fixed the sound from front left suspension. Emptied a can of WD 40 on all suspension parts and the squeak is gone. Think it was the struts/strut mounts making the noise. Hope the solution holds good

Other than that the car is running fine. There are some minor rattles from dashboard. But nothing serious

Also I miss my A-drives in dry. They were fantastic in dry. XM1+ squeals when taking corners at same speed as my A-drves. But in wet XM1+ is better compared to A-drives.

Odo is at 38400 km now. Next week I'm planning to get the underbody and engine bay washed. Will cover up the ECU in some plastic. Engine bay looks very dirty now
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The SC never cover the ECUs while washing the engine bay, its a bit scary.
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Clutch was replaced in my Punto (Cluth plate, pressure plate and release bearing). Total came to around 6.5K. Clutch has become super light now. Cant imgaine how hard it was earlier and I was not realizing that cluth pedal had also become hard in addition to hard gearhsifts. Now clutch pedal needs only a touch to go down :). I am attching some photos of the old clutch. The pressure plate looks like it had been bitten all over. Wondering how that can happen. Clutch plate looks fine for me. Release bearing , I am not so sure.

16989-clutch-starts-disengaging-only-when-pedal-close-floor-img_7103.jpg
    16990-clutch-starts-disengaging-only-when-pedal-close-floor-img_7104.jpg

One side of pressure plate
    16991-clutch-starts-disengaging-only-when-pedal-close-floor-img_7105.jpg
    16992-clutch-starts-disengaging-only-when-pedal-close-floor-img_7107.jpg

Other side of pressure plate
    16993-clutch-starts-disengaging-only-when-pedal-close-floor-img_7109.jpg
    16994-clutch-starts-disengaging-only-when-pedal-close-floor-img_7110.jpg

16995-clutch-starts-disengaging-only-when-pedal-close-floor-img_7112.jpg
    16996-clutch-starts-disengaging-only-when-pedal-close-floor-img_7113.jpg
    16997-clutch-starts-disengaging-only-when-pedal-close-floor-img_7114.jpg
    16998-clutch-starts-disengaging-only-when-pedal-close-floor-img_7115.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    45k service update

Completed the 4th service (45000) service today. Bill came to around 12k as front left strut mount and reas suspension bushes were replaced
    I will upload the photos of the replaced parts. These spares are very expensive. The strut mount looks like it will cost a mx of 300 rs. But it costs 2k.
    Also the rear suspension bushes are 1200 rs each which looks like wont cost more than 150 rs. We are being ripped..... :firey

All noises from suspension have disappeared after the work. So happy with that.. :cool:

Also was chatting with SA regarding the frequent complaints and issues in FIATs. he said Puntos which are run around 120000 kms are coming for service and doesnt have any abnormal issues.But said Linea is having many like Timing chain issues, Oil consumption etc. He was telling that since the engine is the same except the Turbo, its more stressed in linea. Also its a heavier car.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    soccerfan,
    though i'm seeing first time the clutch,everything is looking neat... where is the actual damage(as you mentioned on the pressure plates with some scratches kind ? ).
    it would have been better one snap with the whole parts assembled :)
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    As gurjinder had replied I mentioned names wrongly. Readh clutch plate as cluth pressure plate and cluth plate as clutch pressure plate. Pressue plate was having some damage they said. i am not able to makeout any serious damage :)

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Read the clutch pressure plate as clutch plate in the above pciture. I was not able to see any major damage in pressure plate...
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    See the pics of the bush and the mount. How come these things are so expensive?????:uh

IMG_20120420_210203.jpg

IMG_20120420_210315.jpg

IMG_20120420_210341.jpg
    1 person likes this.