1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Better late than never. My Medium Grey MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by soccerfan, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Waiting for your HU pictures.
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Guys, Was busy/lazy :). Below are the pics of the HU. It has a color selection from among 31 colours
    IMG_5410.jpg
    IMG_5415.jpg
    IMG_5416.jpg
    IMG_5419.jpg
    IMG_5417.jpg
    IMG_5422.jpg
    IMG_5423.jpg

Odo has crossed 33K now. How many of you have replaced the brake fluid/transmission fluid/coolant during the 3rd service??
    IMG_5424.jpg
    IMG_5427.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That looks well integrated. Good job.
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Saturday self checkup

There was some kind of noise coming from the left front suspension occasionally. So today lifted the front left tide with the jack and inspected all the nuts for tightness. The left link rod nut was found to be a bit loose. Tightened it.

Also found that the front left wheel well lining has broken from the screw which holds it to the front bumper underside and was dislodged from its normal position, all thanks to some of the poor roads that we Indians has to suffer :A.

Found that the fog lamp mounting screws (both sides) has loosened a bit. Tightened that also. Engine guard nuts were tight even after so many hits. But the guard has rusted at many places due to the hits :(. Some of the rubber plugs under the body were torn from scrappings. Have to get a 3M under body coating as the coating has been tore off from many parts. The jack mounting point on the front left is slightly bent

Looks like tyre replacement will be due in another 2-3K kms
  5. maverick

maverick Amatore

Even my 3.5 months old Punto had the same issue mentioned by you. Took it to TASS yesterday and got the left link rod nut tightened. Looks like a common issue with Punto.
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Replaced my 31K run Yoko A-drives with XM1+ 195/70 R14. Badly needed some more GC. Cost is 5k/tyre. Compared to A-drives xm1+ is more quiet(more by a large amount i would say).

Also straightened the sump guard and tightened the wheel well lining after putting another washer. There is some rattle from the driver side seat belt assembly. Planning to take it to TASS to fix that along with rear suspension noise which I have ignored for a long time
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Bought a MyShaldan air freshner for my Punto. Also changed the OE horns to Roots Windtone (skoda type). The sound is muffled inside the car (just audible), but outside its a totally different thing :)
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Replaced the brake pads, transmission oil and brake fluids

Update on the XM1+. The major difference I can see is the XM1+ are dead silent compared to A-Drives. Not a bit of noise from them. Downside is the A-drives were more grippy compared to the XM1+. In office MLCP, the A-drives never squealed. But the XM1+ squeals when taking high speed turns.
    Bought a kagu 3d mat for my Punto. Cost 4.2K
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is that your second brake pad? My second brake pad still has some life left, it was replaced at 30k (now 56k+) when there was just metal, no one noticed it then. Looks like Fiat has done some rework on the brake pads.
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    It was my first brake pad. lasted 37K kms :)