1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Better late than never. My Medium Grey MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by soccerfan, Oct 29, 2010.

1. There was a case when Fiat flatly denied warranty having noted the person has been using mobil instead of selenia. More details later ..
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If you're using an oil which conforms to the specifications laid down in the owner's manual , then there is no basis for FIAT to deny warranty.

This is the way oil changes happen around the world. People just make sure that the oil they're changing to meets the criteria laid down in the owner's manual.

As i've stated elsewhere in the forum that one oil which perfectly conforms to FIAT specifications ( In India, for its Multijets and petrols) is the fully synthetic Motul 8100 X-Cess 5W40. India being India, most /all dealers would simply say that since its not Selenia , so it'll void warranty ; without bothering to check its compliance with the engine.

Nevertheless, i intend to give it a try and get the Motul 8100 X-cess 5W40 endorsed by the dealer when the Linea goes for its 3k service in a month or two.

Gurjinder.
    P.S. Delvac 1 far exceeds the specifications for our Indian Multijets. But since its not explicitly mentioned anywhere , it'll be tough convincing the dealer to endorse this.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Shifted to Delvac1 last weekend. immediate effect is a reduction in engine noise. Both on idle and cruising. Also it feels a bit more rev happy. Delvac1 exceeds almost all oil specs. FIAT spec is not explicitly mentioned. But it should be the best diesel engine oil....
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    The rust treatment for boot is approved by FIAT. Have to take the car to body shop on Monday

Still no response on the suspension warranty query. Have sent a followup mail. lets seeeee
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Gave the car for the rust treatment today. Lets see how it goes
    other than that 1-2 rattles have cropped up. one from rear left door pad. need to check that
    Other was from the driver side seat belt assembly. Sprayed some WD 40 and is fine now
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Got the car after work today. SA informed that the work is over yesterday. Opened the boot. Removed the beading and noted and there are still 2-3 dots of rust. he said will touch it up. Also the beading was still the old one. He took the car back and after half an hour said its ready. Checked again and this time the beading was replaced. Also some more coating was applied over paint. Also one of the clips in the engine sound insulator was missing inside bonnet. SA gave a clip.
    Overall happy with the work. there is a rattle from left rear door pad. I had fixed it last week. but has reappeared. Need to fix it for good this weekend. I hate all rattles :(
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    upgraded the HU to jvc kd r626:p . It has a 31 color option and I selected obviously orange to suite the interior lighting. There is a world of diff between the OE hu and the JVC. the OE HU is an absolute crap. I realized it last week:eek:

Costed me 8K. Also the rattle from rear left door pad was fixed with a bit of noise kill
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do share some pictures, let us see how it looks.
    Night pictures are better.
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Sure Ravi will take some pics and post tomorrow :)
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    did a bangalore trip on the weekend. Came back via wayanad. Missed one of the unmarked speed breakers on mysore road and the car literally took off :(. There was some sound from front left side for sometime after that. checked the underbody , but coudnt find any bends or things like that. Need to get the alignment and tyre rotation done tomorrow. Will check the underbody also. Will upload the photos of new HU also soon :p