1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Better late than never. My Medium Grey MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by soccerfan, Oct 29, 2010.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Not beacuse of that Gurjinder. Just want to reduce the oil change interval. Dont think 15K in 1 oil is worth in Indian conditions.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Got it buddy. I'd misinterpreted your last post a bit.

7500kms oil change is ideal and Delvac 1 is really among the best.

I'd say replace the air filter also.

Gurjinder.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    How did you know the exact dimensions of the wheel and hub? Is this the same for all variants? Mine is Active variant and I have got 98~100PCD alloy wheels. Can I go ahead and place an order with dimensions printed on the rings in your pics? Kindly advice. I need them badly.
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    hub dia is the same for all Puntos (58.1mm). Its the alloys centre bore dia that varies. That you need to measure. Mine and Roys had 14" alloys from HRS. So bore dia was the same (67.1).
  5. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Mine are 14" too, but from Velocke. Hope they have the same dia as yours. I've read some where by Roy that he used a vernier callipers to measure the dia. My bad .... I have never attended the labs in college .... so really don't know how it works and I am also planning to order it a week before I reach India so that I recieve them when I am back and get them installed the very next day. Will order with the same dias and try my luck, hope they fit perfectly.
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    No dont do that. Please measure the bore dia atleast using a scale. This can vary from company to company. A set of rings will cost you 1K, so dont waste your money.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That's right, you don't need a vernier calipers to measure them. A scale is perfectly fine and then you can make an intelligent guess on the nearest value. But try to use a steel rule or an engineering scale or tape, not the plastic ones for kids.
  8. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Thankyou guys. But I guess, I would have to remove the wheel to measure the dia from inside. Or is there any other method where removing the wheel is not necessary?
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes you need to remove the wheel to measure. There is no other way
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Dude ,any updates on changing to Delvac 1?