1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Better late than never. My Medium Grey MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by soccerfan, Oct 29, 2010.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Got the ring installed today. perfect fit :). No play between rim and hub now. Also got the balancing done. SA had fixed the fuel tank lid not closing issue also. Just verified this today
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Cool, even i had ths issue of not closing the Fuel cap lid, when i had been to nashik and by mistake i released the fuel cap lid instead of boot, then the panic started a the fuel cap lid was not closing, then i opened the fuel cap and closed the fuel cap and tried closing the cap lid again, it closed Atlast......
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    i used to give a good slap on the lid after pushing it back to close it. Now just needs to press the lid to close :D
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Glad to hear this.
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Drove to bangalore from kochi yesterday. Took the trichur-vadakkanchery-pollachi-palladam-kangeyan-perundurai->hosur route.vTook only 9 hours.Roads were excellent. today while I was cleaning the boot, pulled off the boot rubber beading and found some rust inside. Its on the bottom side. Possibly due to water while washing the car getting inside the beads. Will be informing TASC when I take car for 3rd service. Now @ 29k kms. Rusting has just started it looks like.
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Have booked for 3rd service on Monday @ Cocnorde motors, Kochi. Will update you guys on how it goes.....
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    3rd service done

Hi Guys

Got the car after 3rd service yesterday. I had complained about a noise from front suspension right side. They have changed the elastic pad, but didnt give warranty for this. Reason being that my car is running on aftermarket alloys. As per SA thay have received a directive from FIAT to not give warranty if running on aftermarket alloys. I have shot a mail to mangesh and fiat service. Also they have send the picture of rust inside boot beading to FIAT and waiting for reply. My complaint is also registered. Yesterday at 9.45PM, the CRM called me and asked that he is following up on this and will inform me on updates. lets see how it goes. Will upload the scanned copy of bill.

Other than that got a nice interior cleaning and engine bay cleaning done for free. Engine noise also seems to have gone down a bit. Rear wiper was replaced as the rubber had broken @ 1-2 places.Car is performing without any issues. Hoping for the best from warranty side on rust and the suspension issue. Lets see

I am planning to change to Mobil Delvac1 on this saturday. Had already bought a can of 5L from the Mobil distributor here in Kochi. Will let you know if there is any improvement. Also there are 1-2 rattles from doors. Have to check if its due to the removal for audio upgradation/damping done sometime back. Need to get some free time for all this. sigh.......:(

~Kiran
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Very interesting. I've heard only good things about Delvac 1 5W-40.

Has the dealer agreed to use it without any fuss?

Gurjinder.
    P.S. Are there any other packings of Delvac 1 available apart from 5litres? If you don't mind asking, what were the damages to the pocket for 5 litres?
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Currently its available only in 5 litre packings AFAIK. Costed me Rs 3960 for 5L (792 rs /litre). I am getting it changed outside. Will drain out the selenia and will use the Delvac1 for around 8k kms and then put back the Selenia.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No need to do that buddy.

Can TASS people visually differentiate between a 8000km run Delvac 1 from Selenia ? No. Only Captain Vijaykanth can.:p

So, let it stay so i would say.

Gurjinder.