1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Better late than never. My Medium Grey MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by soccerfan, Oct 29, 2010.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Mine was one of the early emotion model, which had an odd size of 175/70. Now emotion comes with 165/80 tyres. diameter changes in the range of 2-3% are ok. I might upsize to 195/70 R14 during next tyre change as i feel even 185/70 is not enough. i can live with the odo and speedo error

~Kiran
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yah ok...now I got it Kiran..even I happen to see the stock in Royj's car which was 175/70 and only then I came to know that the earlier punto's came with those. Maybe so as to increase the ground clearance , I think they made it to 165 /80 and now emotion models are having the most ground clearance than emotion pk which has 195/60 R15. But still you have to be careful with speed breakers. Your selection of alloys are simply superb.. Was it 98-100 PCD or 98 and what was the model no.?
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Its 98-100 PCD HRS alloys. The model no I dont remember man :( . Its not shown now in the list of alloys in sai mag wheels site. I still dont know why FIAT went with the 175/70 r14 tyres initially.

BTW which model is yours? You have an ownership thread?

~Kiran
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Kiran..mine is Punto MJD Emotion Dec 2010 model. Even I didn't see the alloys in SaiMagwheels list . Thanks for the information dude ..
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Got the car today after dent removal and painting. Color matches 100%. They have almost smeared the dashboard and plastics with polish. A lot of it:eek:. Looks like I dont need to polish for an year:D

One immediate effect of the CSC change - the gearshift has become a bit more smoother. The clutch pedal has also become more lighter. It doesnt need as much effort as earlier to push down. Overall happy with the work

After reaching home found out that the Amplifier power cable is disconnected from battery:hit:hit. Need to reconnect it tomorrow
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Wow, Good Soccerfan, can you post the picture of the Medium grey Punto, i luv to view the Punto in Medium Grey as i am also having the same hahahaha. Always park the car in shade so that the polish effect will last for long.
    Happy motoring and drive safe.
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    sure Tony, will take some pics and post on weekend
  8. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Another update

I had ordered spigot rings at hubcentricrings.com. Order was placed on Apr 26th and I received the item today. below are some pics of it. I have seen spigot rings that Roy got and one difference that I felt is this feels a lot more stronger than the ones Roys got.planning to put it sometime this weekend. Will post the update soon :)

IMG_4689.jpg IMG_4692.jpg IMG_4693.jpg
  9. ^^ What is the use of these rings ?
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum