1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Best Tyre for Punto 90 hp

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ashok James, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Ashok James

Ashok James Novizio

Tenkasi
    Tenkasi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My Punto done 37k kms in OE(GoodYear) Tyre. Now the Time to chane my tyre.

Please suggest me Good(Performance) & Good Looking Tyres for me.

shall i upgrade my tyre to 205/60/15, if i upgrade wider tyre, is my mileage ll drop?
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    In my experience the mileage drop will be very marginal if you are going from 185 or 195 to 205, nothing to worry about.

Since you say good looking tyres, are you okay with uni directional tyres? They will look quite good but can be noisy. For example the Yokohama S drives or the Bridgestone Potenza series.
  3. Ashok James

Ashok James Novizio

Tenkasi
    Tenkasi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @5u3zEr0 Thanks for the reply, i am looking uni directional tyres.

i like that Yokohama s drive tyre, i saw many bad review about that tyre.

and i have 1 doubt also, my existing tyre size is 195/60/15, but in s drive tyre they have 195/55/15 size only.

is there any problem ll occured if i move 60 to 55?
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    do not reduce the Profile. You will loose around 10 mm of ground clearance and the drive will be stiff. People have switched to 205/60 or 195/65 and they are happy.
  5. Ashok James

Ashok James Novizio

Tenkasi
    Tenkasi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  6. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi

Punto comes with a class best gc of 185mm and losing 10mm will reduce it to 175 mm, which is still better than competition i believe.
  7. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @bibin, @Ashok James,

Tyre choice depends on individuals , and what they want to enhance (grip, comfort) when compared to stock tyres.
    Punto also came with 167 mm GC and the newer ones are 195 mm.

Please go through the this Link on all discussion on tyres. http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/team-fiat-tyre-upgrade-guide.11870/
    You should get a fair idea on what you want. and based on it, you could find suggestion on the same thread.
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Ashok, I have used S drives and know others who have too without any issue's. It's a high performance tyre which exceptional grip and a decent life but it is noisy and stiff which it should be. If people bought this tyre expecting from it something which it was not made for, then it is not a defect of the tyre. I think they are good tyres but there are others too. Have you seen the Vredestein Ultrac Cento or the Sessanta? The sessanta looks awesome but I don't know if it is available for the size you need. Then there is also the Goodyear Eagle F1 but I am not sure if they are available now. You should also look at the Potenza GIII from Bridgestone or the newer versions.

About the size moving from 195/60 to 195/55 is not a big difference, the ride will be a little stiffer. But I would suggest 205/55 which is a close match to your current tyres circumference or 205/60 is also possible but not recommended.
  9. Ashok James

Ashok James Novizio

Tenkasi
    Tenkasi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  10. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3